What "supplies" should be on my "Gotta Get It" list?

Bill Marshall

TVWBB Member
So I'm getting a new EP-330 soon and looking for wisdom on what else I should get. I've been grilling just the basics (burgers, chicken, zukes) on my old Silver B for years but am looking to step it up a notch. I know a thermometer will be at the top of my list. (Looking at the Thermopop) Already ordered a pizza stone too. I'm not looking to break the bank but Father's Day is not too far off.

What are the 3 things that you'd suggest I get? (Good beer is already a given)

Thanks

So I'm getting a new EP-330 soon and looking for wisdom on what else I should get. I've been grilling just the basics (burgers, chicken, zukes) on my old Silver B for years but am looking to step it up a notch. I know a thermometer will be at the top of my list. (Looking at the Thermopop) Already ordered a pizza stone too. I'm not looking to break the bank but Father's Day is not too far off.

What are the 3 things that you'd suggest I get? (Good beer is already a given)

Thanks

Tongs, spatula, cast iron dutch oven, regular but good, oven thermometer, sauce mop or silicone type brush,

Cast Iron Dutch Oven is a very versatile piece of gear, particularly those where the lid can be inverted and used as a small griddle plate. I've got a couple. The one I use the most is a Lodge #10-1/4. That size works well with my grills. My larger one is the one where the lid can be used as a griddle.

Fire handling gloves....leather ones...skip the silicone.

Weber triangle grill brush...don't settle for a cheaper one. This one retains its bristles better than any other.

Thanks for the great ideas. So far I think my list will include:

- Thermometer
- Some type of CI (with gloves-I'll count this as only one item :p)
- Silicone brush

I've already got tongs and a grill brush.

My top three might be something like:

(1) Maverick ET-732 remote thermometer;
(2) Ove Gloves (two of them); and
(3) GrillGrates.

The list would have included a Weber Chimney as number 1 if this were a charcoal grill instead of gas.

1. CI skillet(s) need all sizes 6,9,12
2. A good stainless roasting pan that has holes in it.(webers 8x11 is outatanding) works killer for whole fish and Veggies
3. A nice portable prep table to hold throw down and beer.

I'll add a few that I used on my old gasser.
FG spray bottle. Useful for the occasional flareups and adding liquid flavors.
Misto pump up sprayer. Spritz a light layer of oil on veggies or meat.
Non-stick grill spray. Weber makes a good one with no flareups on a hot grill.

Tim

My top three might be something like:

(1) Maverick ET-732 remote thermometer;
(2) Ove Gloves (two of them); and
(3) GrillGrates.

The list would have included a Weber Chimney as number 1 if this were a charcoal grill instead of gas.

Agree with Mark, but add
(4) A-Maze-N Tube smoker Or A-Maze-N Pellet smoker for cold smoking.. use the Pellets on the grillgrates for hot cooks.
(5) Thermapen

Last edited:

Back