Weber Rotisseire VS EZ Que

both if ya can. i found all mine on ebay but that was before it self destructed. both have pros and cons. hit the find button and put in ez que, mucho info already. rotis cooking is great !

If you're comparing the Weber Rotiss that consists of the spit rod and the two forks that hold the meat in place, then the EZ-Que wins hands down.

I have both and can attest to their fine performance. I found a couple of baskets this year that fit the Weber spit rod so I use this setup more often. The baskets were a lot less expensive than the EZ-Que though neither holds as much food. I use the smaller baskets for chicken parts and I also have a basket that you can use to 'tumble' food like veggies about to get the grilled flavor.

carlos, hit craigs list. stuff comes up often in the bay area. was a weber kettle rotis near you not long ago for a great price.

dan, does that tumble basket really work ? i keep thinking that one would get beaten veggies that way.

george

George,
I have to admit that I use it more for wings and smokies than for veggies. With veggies, the darned things keep 'escapin' into the fire!

Dan

I have asked myself the same question. After my research, I decided the E-Z Que with the 8" baskets is the way I wanted to go. Unfortunately, they have been out of stock . . . since at least Christmas. When I called them in the beginning of June, I was told they would be back in stock by mid-July. I called the other day (E-Z Que does not respond to e-mail) and was told it would be the end of September. My expectations are quite low at this point.

So, I am back to considering my options for a rotisserie.

One of the draws is to do prime rib. That is why the 8" basket appealed to me. Does anyone have photographs of a prime rib after it was taken off a Weber rotisserie? I want to see what a hunk of meat looks like with the tine marks. I also can't imagine how the spit rod works with a roast. Can someone enlighten me? At this point, I think E-Z Que may be out of the picture for me.

I have the rss feed on Craigslist for rotisserie come into my aggregator. Other than the occassional Char-Broil system, all that ever comes up are George Foreman and Ronco-type rotisseries.

Originally posted by RDOwens:
I have asked myself the same question. After my research, I decided the E-Z Que with the 8" baskets is the way I wanted to go. Unfortunately, they have been out of stock . . . since at least Christmas. When I called them in the beginning of June, I was told they would be back in stock by mid-July. I called the other day (E-Z Que does not respond to e-mail) and was told it would be the end of September. My expectations are quite low at this point.

One of the draws is to do prime rib. That is why the 8" basket appealed to me. Does anyone have photographs of a prime rib after it was taken off a Weber rotisserie? I want to see what a hunk of meat looks like with the tine marks. I also can't imagine how the spit rod works with a roast. Can someone enlighten me? At this point, I think E-Z Que may be out of the picture for me.

I have the rss feed on Craigslist for rotisserie come into my aggregator. Other than the occassional Char-Broil system, all that ever comes up are George Foreman and Ronco-type rotisseries.

I'm a fan of the EZ-Que 8" cradle. I found a couple of the Weber #9891 cradles for the gas grills and was thinking of cutting them down to 17.5" to fit my kettles and drums because I'll never use them on the Genesis. Personally I wouldn't consider any size other than the 8" EZ-Que and its performed flawlessly.
Here are some Rib Roast pics for you.
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...r/Weber/100_3242.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...r/Weber/100_3243.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...r/Weber/100_3245.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...r/Weber/100_3247.jpg

This turned out a bit overdone internally, but it was only a Select roast and a first time experiment. If you are worried about presentation-yeah you get the cradle marks, but I'd rather have them than spit forks and rod gouging the meats. You could wrap one of those disposable grill toppers around a cut if it was a big deal to you.

As far as the Char-Broil basket- I tried one I picked up at Lowes for $8 and cooked some chicken thighs and Jalapeno brats on my Drum smoker and they turned out Excellent!

http://i163.photobucket.com/al...0Smoker/IMG_1028.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...0Smoker/IMG_1032.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...0Smoker/IMG_1022.jpg
http://i163.photobucket.com/al...0Smoker/IMG_1035.jpg

Oh yeah! I used Dizzy Pig's Tsunami Spin on the thighs!!

Originally posted by Brian Moriarty:
I'd rather have them than spit forks and rod gouging the meats.

I'm actually looking for photographs of a rib roast on a Weber spit. I want to see how mangled it becomes. I have no faith in E-Z Que ever replenishing the 8" baskets. I hope I am proved wrong, but the customer service I have had asking about it has led me to believe the company is not able to produce a product the customer wants.

As such I am revisiting other options. Doing poultry with a Weber spit does not seem to be an issue. I am not certain how one would do a roast. It doesn't seem like the rod has anywhere to go but through the meat.

i've seen, many pics of the roast on the standard spit, but can't find any now though i've looked. yes, it can be done for sure. on the german sites they prefer the regular spits.

Doing poultry with a Weber spit does not seem to be an issue. I am not certain how one would do a roast. It doesn't seem like the rod has anywhere to go but through the meat.

When I used to own a Showtime Rotisserie, I put the spit rod through the center of the roast, not down the length of it. In that way, you didn't get a gaping hole in the middle of the entire roast.

Dan

I'm a fan of the EZ Q system. I think it's a better overall design than the Weber. Higher quality and the motor is tough to beat. No fiddling with weights and all that. Just a better higher quality design IMHO.

Originally posted by RDOwens:

Until I showed my wife this post, she really thought I was the only one goofy enough to set up a craigslist aggregator for a rotisserie...I'm not sure she's happy to know I'm not alone in the world, but I am. I'm thinking of getting a rotisserie this week, I'm debating between the Weber or the 6 inch EZ, and then buying and 8 inch basket later...but it looks like your Weber has done quite well, would you agree with that?

Hello, well I ordered my EZ Que a few months ago and I love it. I can fit two birds on the 6 inch rack, it holds down very well, I have done a regular roast and that was my first time doing a roast and mmmmmm was it good. It is easy to set up and cook. We had party and I had two birds on there and everyone bbq guru that came wanted to take a peek at the birds turning, very impressive.

My neighbor has the Weber and he mentioned that he has had problems in the past with meats not holding well as well as balancing. JUST DO IT.

heads up on the ezq's. check the shafts and make sure they are tight. they are left handed threads !! some are not tight and will come off while turning.

EZ Que does not appear to be shipping anything out anymore. I placed an order with them on Nov 10th and have not recieved the item or a reply to any email inquiries. Their phone # appears to be always busy.

I would not recommend anyone doing business with this company until they get their act together.

Tim

Back