Faux Cambro Recommendations

Bob Ivey

TVWBB Emerald Member
Hi All,
I need to replace my cooler that I use as a faux cambro. After looking at them online I am at a loss on what to get.
Obviously need one that will keep things cold or hot for a long period of time. Not sure what size to get either. The one I had is at my daughters house I think and is old. Will be easier to just get a new one. Any recommendations would be greatly appreciated.
TIA

Definitely go with a 4 tier "storage pan" vs "cookie sheet" setup. Make sure the pans ship with it or you will play hell trying to find them. Go to A party rental place and look around. They usually have every make model cambro at those places. Hell, they might just sell you one.

3516_zpsmvewyqcc.jpg

Thanks for the input Todd. What I was asking is for a recommendation for a cooler to use as a faux cambro not a real cambro. A real cambro is really a uni-tasker and I am looking for a cooler that can be used as both a cambro and a cooler. Thanks.

Edit: The other issue with the real cambro is the price. After checking Amazon, it looks like they would be $200.00 plus but a camping type cooler somewhere in the $50.00 range plus or minus.

Last edited:
Anyone? Want a cooler that will accomodate a packer and two butts at least and the towels that will be required. TIA

Ohhhhhhh! Hell, about 90% of all coolers out there that are worth anything is made by Igloo. the other 9% is china junk. The 1% left is Yeti coolers and they make cambros look cheap in price

Ohhhhhhh! Hell, about 90% of all coolers out there that are worth anything is made by Igloo. the other 9% is china junk. The 1% left is Yeti coolers and they make cambros look cheap in price

Well that takes it to Igloo. Next question will be what size? Don't want anything to big but needs to fit 2 butts and a full packer plus the required towels.

I have an Igloo 40qt wheeled cooler that looks like it will fit 2 butts and a full packer plus some insulation. I would visit a few stores and check them out in person.
You get a better idea on the dimensions and build quality.

Tim

I have an Igloo 40qt wheeled cooler that looks like it will fit 2 butts and a full packer plus some insulation. I would visit a few stores and check them out in person.
You get a better idea on the dimensions and build quality.

Tim

I have a 40qt tall and it will fit those requirements easly. It also holds 6 growlers,6 22oz and a 10lbs bag of ice with no problem:rolleyes:

Bob check out your local Big5 store or look online they always have quite a few on sale this time of year.

Don't leave out Coleman. Rugged and well built, most in the trades carry the smaller ones as lunch boxes and the bigger ones stay in the trunk for beer-thirty:)

Tim

Bob I have and use Cambros but my brother has an Igloo that fits full size hotel pans (aka steam table pans) on the top rim perfectly. So the Igloo can fit 2 to three butts on the bottom then a brisket or two in the hotel pan or visa versa. Just look for a Cambro with a width that will accommodate a 12 ¾ in wide hotel pan.

Size is 20 3⁄4 x12 3⁄4 with depths of 2,5, 4, or 6 inches

http://www.centralrestaurant.com/Full-Size+Steam+Table+Pans-pl543.html

Back