second smoke BB Ribs, epic

joe_c

uh, can't upload photos here, no access to a hosting site at work, anyways...

pulled pork a month and a half ago came out great. parents came up sunday so i made ribs.
set the wsm up the night before ready to go.
at 8:30am i light coals and then dress the 3 slabs of bbr's with the Magic Powder recipe. at 9am they go on and temps at 200 and rising nad we head to church, come home it's 245 and stays between 225 and 245 for two hours. pull them off, foil them with some apple cider cause the wife says she wont drink apple juice. one more hour, then for another hour out of the foil with some sweet baby rays on them to firm up.

nice smoke ring, great taste. every liked it. no left overs.

attempted to make the carolina red but it was wasn't thick enough so i aborted that and that's how the SBR's sauce came about.

are you supposed to cook down teh vinegar/ketchup/seasoning to thicken it a lil bit? guess that's why it was in the pulled pork sandwich section.

awesome unit, the WSM. can't wait to use it again. next time ABT's to go along with the meat with both jalapenos and poblanos.

it was about 40 degrees out and the temps were very stable, left the guck in there from the butt for insulation. 3 chunks of oak, one of hickory. too lazy to run to my FIL's for the apple wood he has in his pile.

Back