nu temp problem

Damon Vasquez

ordered and recieved my nu -temp with with two probes and recived 2 weeks ago. probes will not transmit more than about 15-20 feet. i call the company. his first thought was that " duracell battery nipples are to short lately and you need to stretch out the springs for a thigter fit. that didnt work. if i cant transmit 80-90 feet i dont need nu-temp

question
1. any one have this problem.
2. should i even bother sending back for a new on and taking this chance. im shure ill have to pay shipping and handleing

Range - 90ft. Of course that's with nothing but air between the two devices, no wind and no other electronic interference.

20ft. is all I need. from my kitchen through two walls to my smoker.

All kidding aside, I don't think you'll get 90 ft unless both the transmitter and receiver are outside.

I'll check tomorrow and see how far I can walk away and still get a signal.

ok ill try that, when i tryed past 20 feet it was thru one wall with possible a electrical socket in between. my hopes is to have it reacht he up stairs bedroom. if i had know it had wall issiues would of never bought it. but i cant find the recipet

glad I seen this. Dude I love mine, but I would also be a little pissed if I was you. I KNOW they work really really good, but yours is obviously not. I would absolutely buy another, and way before a maverick (I have a mav also) to add. Hopefully they'll help you out w/ the prob. but if your anything like me, and they have poor customer service I would just forget them and send it back for your money, but i kind of have a short fuse for those kinds of things, ask "bbq guru"
icon_wink.gif
. I havn't any experience with there customer service so good luck. But I do know that mine has what seems to be a great distance and accuracy out of the box. so sorry to hear your problems, but good luck and you should post back and let us know. for refference mine goes through a concrete floor (1 1/2 thick) through the downstairs which has many outlets etc and cieling fixtures and down onto a patio. I've walked my reciever to the end of my lane/drivway which is probably 30+ yards.. maybe more but I did that when I very first got it and cant quite remember how truly far I walked... but again, no prob at all. good luck.

Back