Brisket on the 22

Dan N.

TVWBB Pro
Finally did a high temp brisket on the 22 today. Started at 9:30 AM and done 5 1/2 hours later. Have burnt ends still on.

Here is a picture showing how it fits on the 22. This was a 14 lb'r.

It Does Fit

And here ready to wrap.

At 165º

Have to admit that on this cook with the small ring had to reload lump after 4 hours. It was cold and windy, but I can always block the wind. Just have to learn, learn, learn,,,,

Dan

Turned out great. Made a sammy with a French baguette, brisket and Pepper Jack cheese. A little Evoo on the bun and Blues Hog Tennessee red. Nuked for about 1 - 2 minutes.

Couple of pics:

Ready to Nuke

Sammy Time

Dan

Looks like you could fit two on each rack, huh?

I have two 18-1/2, but haven't used them in a while. I didn't even know they were making the 22. I have to get out more often.

Originally posted by Howard Barlow:
Looks like you could fit two on each rack, huh?

I have two 18-1/2, but haven't used them in a while. I didn't even know they were making the 22. I have to get out more often.

I just did 2 on the top rack of mine this weekend and they turned out great. I waited for years to get a WSM because I wanted more space and the 22 sure provided it!

Thanks, but I think I am in trouble now.
icon_smile.gif

The brisket looks great Dan, nice job.
icon_cool.gif
Did you happen to put any horseradish on that sammie or maybe some chipotle mayo?
icon_biggrin.gif

Hey Bryan S. I'm sure chipotle could be added to store purchased mayo but would you happen to have a recipe to make the mayo from fresh eggs and add the chipotle?

Originally posted by Dan N.:
Finally did a high temp brisket on the 22 today. Started at 9:30 AM and done 5 1/2 hours later. Have burnt ends still on.

Here is a picture showing how it fits on the 22. This was a 14 lb'r.

It Does Fit

And here ready to wrap.

At 165º

Have to admit that on this cook with the small ring had to reload lump after 4 hours. It was cold and windy, but I can always block the wind. Just have to learn, learn, learn,,,,

Dan
That pic so sexy; are you sure you are allowed to post those kind of pics on this site?

Originally posted by V. Roberts:
Hey Bryan S. I'm sure chipotle could be added to store purchased mayo but would you happen to have a recipe to make the mayo from fresh eggs and add the chipotle?
No I don't. I just use Hellmann's mayo in the chipotle mayo, as Hellmann's mayo is my favorite mayo in the world to me that I have eaten.
icon_biggrin.gif
Sorry

you say high temp, how high of a temp did you get? I see you foiled the pan, I'm sure you didn't put water in it, just sand or foil balls maybe? Let me know, still waiting on my 22 wsm and can't wait to break er in.

Adrian

Back