New Foodsaver

John Ford

TVWBB Pro
After careful research I ordered and received a new food saver professional super saver Kit I decided I wanted this model because it was a manual model . I have had two food savers over the last 15 years the first manuel lasted for about 12 years the second one is a automatic model. it's about three years old it still works however sometimes with the automatic system you have to hold your mouth, your bag and twirl your left foot in a circle while dancing in a second line to get it to seal.
My automatic model is also not very good for ceiling more than two or 3 gallon bags without having to stop. The New model is supposed to seal up to 25 times without needing to cool down, we'll see how that works.The next criteria with the food saver fit on the counter and not look so ugly my wife would make me put it away.I found that I use the food saver much more often if it's on the counter and easy to use as opposed to when I stored it in the cabinet and had to take 5 to 7 minutes to find everything and get it set up.
I opened it up put it on the counter fits pretty well looks okay to me will see how Miss Ford likes it. Only did one Seal with it just to see how it worked easily sealed a pork butt .
Cooking 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters tomorrow that I'm mainly going to see your two quarters in a bag I'll get an idea of how it works ceiling multiple banks in a row and I'll post again tomorrow few pics of how it looks.
PS this is my first attempt at using voice dictation portion of Siri to make a post all grammatical and misspoken words are her fault ::)

Last edited:
Pics
28195ED4-0859-4083-83BD-71ACB64E80F2.jpg

After careful research I ordered and received a new food saver professional super saver Kit I decided I wanted this model because it was a manual model . I have had two food savers over the last 15 years the first manuel lasted for about 12 years the second one is a automatic model. it's about three years old it still works however sometimes with the automatic system you have to hold your mouth, your bag and twirl your left foot in a circle while dancing in a second line to get it to seal.
My automatic model is also not very good for ceiling more than two or 3 gallon bags without having to stop. The New model is supposed to seal up to 25 times without needing to cool down, we'll see how that works.The next criteria with the food saver fit on the counter and not look so ugly my wife would make me put it away.I found that I use the food saver much more often if it's on the counter and easy to use as opposed to when I stored it in the cabinet and had to take 5 to 7 minutes to find everything and get it set up.
I opened it up put it on the counter fits pretty well looks okay to me will see how Miss Ford likes it. Only did one Seal with it just to see how it worked easily sealed a pork butt .
Cooking 20 pounds of chicken leg quarters tomorrow that I'm mainly going to see your two quarters in a bag I'll get an idea of how it works ceiling multiple banks in a row and I'll post again tomorrow few pics of how it looks.
PS this is my first attempt at using voice dictation portion of Siri to make a post all grammatical and misspoken words are her fault ::)

So John, how did this one work out? I'm in the market and it's difficult to decide but I've got it down to two: the one you got or the v3240.

Too many negative reviews on amazon (even though it gets 4/5). Looks like a pass to me.

Last edited:
Len,

We bought the same model, shortly after John posted his review. So far no issues. This our first vacuum sealer.
It's called the FoodSaver Professional Vacuum Sealer
Model # FSFSSL0320-000
Prior to just recently, one would find it listed with the GameSaver units only.

Good article, Len. Thanks.
We've never really trusted many online reviews for this very reason.
Although it's fun to read those that review an item that is not the item everyone else is reviewing ;)

Back