Lowe's Arnold, MO had Coshell charcoal 18# bags on clearance @ $3.20

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
Worth checking at your local Lowes, if you like or want to try the stuff.
It took me most of a bag to get used to how it burns, but ended up liking it enough to pick up 6 bags today.
hard to beat at 17 cents per lb.

Yes, made from coconut shells.
Not much smoke, no smell that I can detect, burns clean, and adds no taste to the food.

coshell-173x300.jpg

The Arnold store now has 10 bags less then they did yesterday. Thanks for the info Coshell is hard to find without a little help from my friends :wsm:

in Franklin Wisconsin, I bought two bags today @ $5.19 each...
never seen it before, but this store must have carried it for a while, the bags had/have nearly an inch of dust on them

15FEB15.jpg
15FEB15a.jpg

yep, if I find it at that price I will stock up. great for grilling when you don't want any smoke to influence the taste of what you are cooking. as a child I cooked with coconut shells and husks and that did impart a nice taste. I use it sparingly for cooking things for the wife as she is sensitive to what is used to cook with. she really likes this stuff.

I looked at a Lowes near me back when this thread came up, nada, zero, zilch, goose egg. It's things like this and, not being able to find a new kettle with color sold locally that discouraging. Well, I got three! The one's black oh and the other one is black oh yeah the last one...it's black also. :) gotta take what you can get! :)

Back