WallyWorld Briskets for $2.58/pound

JRPfeff

TVWBB Guru
I saw a post elsewhere on the board about Walmart having Select packers on sale. I found the whole briskets marked down from $3.68 to $2.58 a pound at my store and bought two 12 pounders. Both of mine are grade Choice.

Thanks to Dale Nichols for pointing out the good deal.

Jim

Last edited:
okay, i'll swing by one tomorrow after my slave commitment...
as much as I hate going to WW, i'll try the nicest one around these parts, in New Berlin or Muskego... (I don't know what town it is in)

That price didn't make it to the left coast, but I did see some nice Brisket for $5.5 a pound at Winco

Well I cooked mine and it turned out like you would expect a select would. I made burnt ends out of the point and great as always. There were five more left and I think I need to go back.
I used Oakridge Black Ops and enjoyed it. I did HH and did not get a smoke ring and the bark wanted to flake off just a very little bit. Might sound bad but it was not. A mixture of Blues Hog Original and Head Country 50/50 was the sauce this time. Oh yeah and wrapped in pink butcher paper.

Thats all folks!

I am thinking about waiting till the day of or day before its sell by date and asking for a deal. 17.72lbs is a big brisket for me. Anyone ever do that?

Back