Amazon PRIME $72 for this year. TODAY Only 1/24/15

found this on Forbes website:
If you are already an Amazon Prime subscriber, you can still take advantage of the deal through a couple of loopholes. You have to purchase the subscription as a gift and enter your own e-mail address as the gift recipient. You will also have to turn off the auto-renew feature on your current subscription and wait for your account to expire before applying the gift code.

edit to add,
there was no link to turn off auto renew on my Prime account page.
I had to click end membership, then click end membership again on the next page, then click end after the current subscription.
mine was due March 14, 2015, so I gifted myself a membership to start March 15, 2015.

Thanks for the heads up Rich!

Last edited:
Not knowing much about prime is it worth it? I don't read allot so forget the ebboks, unless there are BBQ books, the wife would like the movies but how does it work? Can she watch them on our TV? I can deal with the free shipping and but more BBQ stuff and not wait to bundle for free 5 to 7 day shipping. also how does music work? Sorry guys but I guess I am not up with the times. I do want to try this $72 deal.
thanks for your help

Prime changes the way you shop on Amazon. No longer do you worry about having a $35+ order to get free shipping. You can order 1 item for $7.99 and it arrives in 2 business days, shipping included.

Prime changes the way you shop on Amazon. No longer do you worry about having a $35+ order to get free shipping. You can order 1 item for $7.99 and it arrives in 2 business days, shipping included.

Chris, I agree 1000%. Not to mention the Instant Video and Music is pretty good too.

Back