Cheapest and most expensive gallon of gas in your life time

Cheapest???? I don't remember! in the high $0.80s I'm sure. I remember going through my receipts in late 2001/early 2002 and finding a fuel receipt for $0.98 from after 9/11/2001. I thought I was going to go broke when it was in the $1.40s (2001/2002),,,,of course my work van was an 89 E350 that got 8mpg for both fuel and motor oil.

Cheapest was $.17 (might have been $.19) back in 1967 and over $5.00 per gallon a few years ago. First car was a black 57 VW bug. Now a 07 Chevy Colorado for my business.

Cheapest was $.35 late 60's early 70's. Over a fin a few years back. I remember going to a full service station with my dad and he would fill up with just his pocket change.

Tim

Cheapest was .15/gallon when I pumped gas as a teenager at a former local Clark station. I remember the owner getting upset and saying if gas dropped another penny he was going to lock the doors until the insanity stopped. We actually had gas price wars back then - in the 60s and very early 70s - where gas stations would try to undercut each other! That'll probably never happen again!

Most expensive I don't remember exactly, but probably in the low $4 range, I try to forget unpleasant things!

I remember .25 as a kid. We paid $3.98 on a recent trip on the Interstate. $1.98 locally right now. I think I am going to go fill up the RV and put Sta-Bil in it for our Mar trip.

Probably around $.30 back in '69 and $4.50 a while back. Kind of the same as the cost of a pack of smokes. Quit smoking when the cost went through the roof. Kind of hard to quit driving.

Cheapest was 17.9 cents in 1971 at the Deep Rock in Cedar Rapids Iowa during a gas war. At the time I had a 67 Cutlass convertible
that was kind of thirsty, so I enjoyed the gas war to the max. The most expensive was high octane racing fuel over 6 bucks a gallon
about 3 years ago that I put into an old jalopy rod.
Some of the "gotcha" boat docks and av-gas can be pricy too.

I remember it under a dollar and the most expensive was over $5 on a road trip in 2008, i think we were outside yellowstone or yosemite, i can't remember.

10 cents or maybe 12 cents? late 1950's. not me buying it of course.
highest $3.70??

Now, for the older generation, do you remember the first time pumping it yourself?
For me it was 1968, Colorado Rocky Mountains,
my '67 Firebird HO was running low, and it was starting to snow,
pulled in to the only station around and thought "Pump Your Own" what the hell, how do I do that?

I remember being a kid in the back seat and hearing my parents say "give me a dollar's worth of 'regular' ". No seat belts, of course. :p

Back