Wanted – a good family for an old friend

Ray Crick

TVWBB Emerald Member
I used my smoker recently to cook a turkey and realized that the last time I used it was last Thanksgiving – over a year later. Essentially all of my outdoor grilling / cooking / smoking has been on my two year old Genesis gasser, and I have been able to get good smoke flavor. My wife does not eat red meat so I seldom make ribs or butts anymore. Also, cooking is one of my hobbies and I fix many dishes inside that do not require grilling or smoking. My kitchen has two separate four burner ranges. One is a Jenn-Aire that can be used as a griddle or indoor grill, so I have many options available to me.

Bottom line, I have decided to “retire” the WSM and will offer it to any member here in Eastern North Carolina that wishes to get a good deal or get a second smoker. It is in great shape and I am only asking $100 for it. You will have to pick it up but there is no hurry. If you want me to hold it for awhile, I can do that until you can come and get it.

Included are the 18 1/2 inch smoker with Weber cover, a Weber chimney for starting coals, a Brinkman water pan, the original handbook, and a bag of Kingsford charcoal. I will even throw in a few chucks of pecan wood. I will also include a fireproof mat to place under the smoker.

If you are interested, send me an email and we can arrange the pickup. Or send me a note if you have any questions.

Ray Crickenberger
Greenville, NC
raycrick@aol.com

That's an awesome deal you are getting Jim..guess I snoozed I lost on this deal..would have been an great addition to my weber family..congrats and good luck with it..Smoke on !!!!

That says it all Ray, a good family for an old friend.

JRPfeff, now all you have to do is post some pictures of the first few cook's on your newly purchased 18.5" WSM to bring a smile to Ray's face and he will know it went to a good home.

Last edited:
THanks all - yes I wanted to keep it i n the "family" if possible. And Jim does not know it but yesterday I decided to throw in my Maverick as a bonus.
Ray

That is awesome Ray. Thank you.

My wife and I are thinking of driving to Jack Cobb & Son Barbecue in Farmville next weekend before picking up the WSM.

Jim

Dang it ! Congrats on the smoker! Wish I would've logged on sooner also, would've made the trip for a deal like this!

Well, the smoker is now with it's new family. Jim and his lovely wife Bobbie just left with the WSM. What a nice couple!

It was also nice to meet another member of this Board.

They had just visited Cobbs' BBQ in Farmville and surprised me with some ribs they had just gotten at Cobbs' - a wonderful surprise and treat. Thanks Jim and Bobbie.

Good luck to you both - enjoy the WSM.

Ray

Thank you for the kind words Ray. It was our pleasure to meet you and we enjoyed seeing your fantastic kitchen and lovely home.

Your WSM made it safely to its new home. We hope you can make it to Fuquay-Varina for Smoke Day.

Jim

Back