A true remedy for dry hands that crack or split.

Timothy,that stuff ROCKS! I deliver batteries for a living,and my hands take a beating from the greasy dirty used batteries,not to mention the occasional battery acid that gets on my hands ! Plus,my hands usually crack and sometimes bleed,they get so dry this time of year. After using ths stuff for 2 days,they were all healed. Totally second the recommendation!

I bought one of those from Home Depot for a tech whose hands split---- I don't remember trying it myself----my heels crack in summer (flip-flops / sandals), and my ear tips get it in winter....I'll give it a try.

I’ve been using Working Hands for two years now and it’s awesome. I buy it at Lowes and while there, met a nurse from the local hospital who was picking up a dozen. Seems its standard issue there. My son has a dry wall business and he always has a can or two in his truck. Good stuff…………..

I still use the green tin of BB for other things like concrete rashes, stuff does work but smells like petro.

Tim

I bought one of those from Home Depot for a tech whose hands split---- I don't remember trying it myself----my heels crack in summer (flip-flops / sandals), and my ear tips get it in winter....I'll give it a try.

They also make a blue foot cream that works just as well.

Tim

My hands got so bad I went to the dermatologist, he prescribed Clobetasol, it can heal them in a couple of days. Nothing else would work. The latest hand cream I tried Bert's Bees hand salve. It absorbs much more quickly.

That stuff is awesome! Have been using it for a couple months now, and I really like it!in fact, I got some as a gift for Christmas!
Bova cream (used by farmers to put on cows chapped teats) also works wonders. It can be found at local farmers co-ops.
Tim

Last edited:
So I buy a WSM, find this place, see this thread, and next thing you know I am ordering this from Amazon today for my wife who has terribly dry skin and hands. Thanks for the post, I think with this winter she will really love this if it works. Reviews on here and Amazon look amazing. Never even heard of it. thanks for the posts

Keith, tell her to read e directions. This stuff is is not a "put it on and it's gone in 10 minutes" lotion. O'Keeffe's is great stuff and a little bit goes a long way!
Tim

Keith, tell her to read e directions. This stuff is is not a "put it on and it's gone in 10 minutes" lotion. O'Keeffe's is great stuff and a little bit goes a long way!
Tim

Will do. Her hands are really bad, she is a wash your hands every hour or so type person. I think she will primarily use it before bed. Her hands get so bad she puts lotion then socks on at night.

I anm holding off for now on the chapped cow teat lotion - not sure that would send the right message - "Hey dear, I saw this and thought of you... :) )

Just bought some from HD a few weeks ago. My hands were cracking, split, and bleeding from doing a bath remodel. Any type of cement, mortar, grout, etc just kills my hands. This stuff had me back to new in about 4 days!

A little more expensive, but you might try Emu Oil. It is pretty amazing. I have tried the others mentioned above and they are all good but don't seem to be as good as the Emu.

Back