Tenderloin Steaks

Pat Smith

TVWBB Wizard
Bob posted his pics of his petite tenders so I thought I would post my pics of the tenderloin steaks I cooked at my mother-in-law's house on New Year's Day.

She asked me to come down and cook steaks for our family get together and I decided, remembering my last cook on her gas grill, to take my Weber Q220. Glad I did!

The two "odd steaks" are eye of round, I think, that she thawed in case we ran out of the tenderloin steaks - we diverted them to other uses.

The tenderloin steaks were seasoned using Salt, Pepper and Cavender's Greek Seasoning, drizzled with a little olive oil before cooking.

SunJan03095334AmericaChicago2010.jpg

Pat

Great looking steaks Pat, and knock-out grill marks!
Happy to see our little redheads back in the lineup!

Have you ever used your CI Q grate on top of a kettle grate?
I've been meaning to try this for better grill marks.
I just can't bring myself into buying the CI grates for the Performer.

PS: Congrats on Auburn's win, hope your nerves have settled after that nail-biter!

Bob -

It took a while for us to settle down after the game - we won it three times and lost it twice! Luckily it came out ok in the end.

I have not yet used my CI Q220 grate on a kettle, but I've considered it. I have a Char Q that I've never used and I've been thinking about using that grate on top of my regular kettle grate.

Unfortunately, I can't spring for the CI grate that Larry Wolfe is selling right now. I would love to have one.

Pat

Hi Guys
Great looking steaks there Pat. The portability of the Q200 series is a great feature, I take mine with me when I have to cook a BBQ at someone else’s place even if they have their own or a good BBQ. Good to see the diamond searing pattern on the steaks makes a good presentation as well as adding to the flavour.

I have been a bit lax in posting in the forum of late, I spend most of my BBQ admin time on the Aussie BBQ forum which has started to take off. The majority of people want advice on which BBQ to buy and what they should be looking for. Nearly all end up with either a Q220, Q300 or a Genesis E320, We have yet to have a negative feedback from them which re-affirms what we are always saying on how good the Q series is.
Hey Bob after using the CI grate from Grillgrate on my performer and being able to take off a quarter to add more charcoal I wouldn't even think of using anything else but the Grillgrate, it is awesome.

Unfortunately I don't have any photos, but my final Weber Cooking demonstration for the year was fantastic. I entertained the masses (I say masses because I had a constant audience of 30 -50 people from 9:30 am to 3:00 pm.
I did Honey and Soy Chicken wings indirect on the trivet and showed them how to set up an indirect zone
Chicken breast fillets and grilled Asparagus,
Minted Lamb Steaks
Beef Rump Steak
Grilled Sausages
Asian Prawns (Shrimp on the Barbie)
Cedar Planked Salmon
Grilled Mussels with sour cream and garlic, topped with Parmasen cheese
Butterflied Leg of Lamb with Rosemary, Garlic, Oregano and Lemon Juice
Char grilled Veggies,
and finally Roast pork with Roast Veggies
A very exhausting day however a great sales day as the BBQs were going out the door in a constant stream and everyone purchased at least 3 accessories. I was under a constant barrage of questions - how do I cook a Turkey, how do I do the pork and get the perfect crackling like you have, how do I grill a steak, etc
You’ve got to admit that this is a dream job, even if it is seasonal and only of a Saturday.

Cheers

Glad to hear from you Captain!
Had to Google "Beef Rump Steak" it appears to be our round steak.

Thanks for your indorsement of the Grillgrate, you may have pushed me over the edge.

Happy New Year Phil!

Captain

Knowing you from way down under, did weber ever import the Platinum series II? I found one here in texas on craigs list. I plan to repair it to like new condition and would like to see a picture of one in that condition. My post is in gas grills. Your input would be greatly appreciated as it seems no one in the states has such a critter

later

Sorry Garry I don't have a picture, Try calling Weber CS. These are about 1999 - 2001 vintage. There is a parts breakdown for them on the Weber website Schematic. There is also a manual Manual

If you hunt around this area you will find the exact model.

Hope this helps.

Back