Going bigger???

True there are many bigger options, but are they better? You can cook a lot of meat on that smoker. Not sure about the pellet device, but the thing looks great.

He has dropped the price $200...to $600 for the whole pkg

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Based on that setup, and the amount of food he was probably managing at once, I can't say I blame him. Though that's an awesome setup, from a food management perspective that's a nightmare compared to a large custom offset.

Offset would likely have one door for food management, one for fuel. And tons more smoking options, depending on size of cooker. He probably has a grand ($1k) or more tied up in that WSM setup, and can get a good, decent-sized custom offset for around double that.

I could see him building one out of a large propane tank or having one custom built, would love to able just to buy the rotisserie and rib-o-lator

What up with the pellet attachment? I dont see those on bullets often. And thats one clean smoker

I have the same setup as the one listed for sale and $600 is a screaming good deal!

Food management issues are something I've never had with it. If I want or need more space or going bigger, the Cajun Bandit Stacker comes into play. That might be a problem for some, but I'm 6' 2" tall and it works for me.

To be honest, I never thought I would use it as much as I do, the only thing I really have not been able to do (and only because I haven't devoted any time to it) is to use Grill Grates as a sear station like a lot of pellet grillers do. But I take it for what it is and I'm extremely happy with it.
On the subject of going bigger, I ordered an extra set of mounting brackets for the pellet hopper in case I wanted to convert my 85 gallon Drum Smoker with two 26" grates into a pellet pooper-they have been collecting dust for a year and a half!

I actually talked with the seller. He's going bigger with a Humphreys Pint smoker. Looks nice but it ain't no Weber.

I actually talked with the seller. He's going bigger with a Humphreys Pint smoker. Looks nice but it ain't no Weber.

Been there myself, thought the Backwoods Gater would be what I needed, found out it was a different beast!

Maybe he wants one of the big bucks trailer mounted rigs? I think that you can throw LOTS of money at
BBQ smokers if you like to. Ill just keep my Weber stuff.

Back