New Grill Toys?

JimK

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Did you have any cooking/grilling stuff under your tree?

I finally broke down and asked for a Kettle Pizza for Christmas and my beautiful bride was kind enough to oblige. I have a feeling my family will soon be sick of pizza as I experiment on them extensively in the coming days. :D

I got some cast iron:

1) Lodge 10SK (10" Skillet)
2) Lodge 8DOL (5 Qt Dutch Oven, I think the 8 is for inches)

I plan to cook use the DO this weekend making Chilli's Chicken Enchillada Soup

Your gonna love that Kettle Pizza attachment

I got a Molcajete & pestle and some Soy Vay Veri Veri Terriyaki - does that count? (((you're gonna love the CI, Chuck)))

Christmas Eve I fixed the 4x4 in my truck (thank you youtube!) so I don't have to do this anymore (one time was too much!)

Seeing Clint's photo of the tire chains reminds me of a bit of my own stupidity years ago. I had a 72 Corvette that I was determined
to drive through the winter. It had Radial T/A's and I put a pair of studded non radial snow tires on the back. Not a good mix. One January
night driving in snow it was launched across 4 lanes of traffic into the parking lot of a donut shop with absolutely zero control or warning.
I became a firm believer in 4 wheel drive that night and bought a new 73 Blazer the next day.

James, you are one lucky guy. Enjoy!

I am a very lucky man for having such a beautiful thoughtful lady in my life. For those who want to ask the question....I'm currently working with the store to return the crimson platinum performer and to purchase the crimson deluxe performer...for $50.00 out of my pocket it's worth it and another $50.00 for the cover.

you're gonna love the CI, Chuck
I hope so :)

I'm seasoning them and my new grate in my "new" old kettle

42B83FAC-B4B8-439A-A234-28E0C2B4D8FB_zpsqnzzcpsd.jpg

778F7C6A-C070-4BCD-9A1A-4443DADEDFF9_zpsvvevrdwd.jpg

It'll take a lot of use to get a good season built up---- I think I have that same DO, I have the same skillets but mine are 12"s....my 10 is a lodge logic (different shape).

For cleaning, I just keep an old bristle brush refill on the sink and use it & hot water to clean the CI, then I'll put the pan on the stove low/med heat for 5 minutes, then about 1tbsp avocado / olive / peanut oil, rub it in & save the paper towel to start my next chimney of charcoal. I got one of those chain mail scrubbers but skip that. Use one piece for a few months, then switch to another.... the pan I'm working on now was worn down to the metal but I just keep at it. Soon as it's good I'll switch to the other 12"er that I was using for the last few months.

I hope you remember to not grab the handle! I still grab one every now & then....

I got a new kettle cover, a slide aside, and a new rib rack under the tree.

@Jim, my fam is about over pizza by now also. LOL

Just the new Lodge 15" carbon steel skillet that I'm gonna break in with some paella tonight. And a new LIG grilling shirt.

I got a Nest Learning Thermostat ( which I named HAL ) and a sweater to keep me toasty in the crib. A Jim Beam Holiday gift pack and a twelver of Stone IPA's (self righteous, ruination) and arrogant bastard to keep me toasty outside when I'm grillin/ schmoking.:wsm:

Tim

I got a chef king 14"x24" 7 gauge steel griddle and made best ever cheesesteaks and hash browns to break it in. Unfortunately this one will keep me inside but I suppose it will work on the genesis too.

Back