Weber Jumbo Joe 22" Premium Charcoal Grill

Will be interesting to see if someone in 'The States' actually takes delivery of one of these.....and whether or not this is a test, a fluke (by WalMart) or the beginning of more things to come.

The add also states that the product is imported which is interesting since I thought all Weber BBQ's were made in the USA. Also, the price is very low. Something seems off about the add.
Just wondering...

Unless the woman cooking in the picture is extremely tall this looks like a very short grill.

No doubt. Those shots with the 22" lid hanging off the kettle show it almost reaching down to the wheels. I'd guess the cooking grate height is only about 24-26" above floor level.

The picture also seems to show the kettle is rather shallow and only has one vent on the bottom. At least that is what it looks like. I guess we are rather spoiled with the products that most of us have. Or better yet we are blessed!!

68 bucks in my store for a 22 inch kettle. And it's not as short as, say, a regular Jumbo Joe. So there's that...

I actually purchased this the other day after seeing it in Walmart for the first time and I'm sure glad I did..it was the best $68 Christmas gift I bought myself

I ordered it, what the heck why not? If I don't like it, I can return it. I'll be the first on my street to have one :)

This bad boy might be just what my Kettle Pizza attachment has been wanting - this could a fun lil' unit

k2-_fe57a07a-6478-4dd3-b3de-1b54ebab2f9e.v1.jpg

k2-_3518d6dc-9bd1-4189-8bdc-d2dfc977b6ed.v1.jpg

k2-_1a15b4d8-b76d-474a-9119-3ddfbabfb835.v1.jpg

k2-_ffbe4769-18ef-4803-a674-f734c2881639.v1.jpg

Last edited:
68 bucks in my store for a 22 inch kettle. And it's not as short as, say, a regular Jumbo Joe. So there's that...

And it's 22" compared to a regular JJ's 18" for only $10 more while still retaining some portability. Though it's still not on Weber's website the assembled dimensions are supposed to be 22-1/2 inches long by 25 inches wide by 38-1/2 inches high. I was planning on snagging a JJ at Target's 2015 Labor Day sale, but I may go for one of these instead.

You won't regret ordering it.. I luv mine..the only mod I would do is make an extension handle for the bottom vent as its hard tbsee or get to while cooking..and as far as height its the same as my 18.5 kettle ...and I was gonna post an pic but not sure how to do so on here from my phone

No one will be dissalointed on adding this great grill to their collection...I know I'm glad I have.. I no have this new jumbo Joe and my mini wsm that I made along with my 18.5 kettle and my 22.5 wsm...now I'm just deciding whether I want an performer or not now since I now have my space with the new bigger jumbo joe

Also the vent is way under the grill and hard to reach or see so I will be modding it with an handle to make easier to access and control my temp

Duane;
I plan on doing that to my standard Jumbo Joe for obvious reasons. I put a knob on the top vent of my Mini-Joe and really appreciate the convenience. I will be adding a knob for the top vent and a handle for the bottom of the JJ.

Keep on smokin'
Dale53:wsm:

Back