WSM wanted in Tampa Bay area

Mickey M

Closed Account
Hi guys,

If you live in the Tampa Bay area and are looking to sell a WSM, please contact me.

I'm looking for either the 14.5 or the 18.5.

So if you have one of the smaller WSMs and are looking to go up a size, I'll help you pay for your new one by buying the old one.

Sounds like a good idea good idea to me. You get what you want and I get what I want.

Perfect.

Satan heard your request! There's a brand new 18.5 WSM for $239 right in Tampa Bay! Merry Christmas!

Shaun,

Satan is selling it?

I'm interested but I'm worried about temp control considering who the seller is.

Will I be able to do low and slow on it?

Mickey:

I sent you a pm on Saturday but it must not have went through. I live in Leesburg about 90 mi NE of you. Have an 18.5" older model 2002 or 3. Will send pics if you like $100 cash it's yours.

Ken B

Mickey:

I sent you a pm on Saturday but it must not have went through. I live in Leesburg about 90 mi NE of you. Have an 18.5" older model 2002 or 3. Will send pics if you like $100 cash it's yours.

Ken B

Ken,

I didn't get your message. Please try again. In the meantime I will check my message settings to see if there's a problem.

Could you send some pics and provide a fuller description?

Thanks

Still looking. Thought I found one but it needed grates and maybe other things

SO... If you have one in the Tampa area, please get in touch.

Thanks

Mickey, why aren't you buying either of these? The prices aren't bad and they are in great condition. One guy wants it gone so bad he's asking someone to make him an offer. I bet he would take $180.

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/for/4820363164.html

http://tampa.craigslist.org/hil/ppd/4811246614.html

Shawn,

I snagged one today. A nice one in great shape, 2011 model.

There were problems with the others you linked to. I had seen them both advertised and made inquiries. The one that is now listed for $225 was originally $275.

When I told the seller that a new one could be had for $14 more he told me he had about $375 in it including shipping and taxes. I asked why he thought I should pay taxes to him and also pay his shipping costs.

I told him UPS would have nothing to do with our deal if we made one. I'd pick it up myself.

He just didn't get it. But at least he dropped his price. I think $225 is still too much for used 18.5 WSM.

I saw the other one. It was at a flea market. Was it really new? I'm not sure. But there was a box.�� New? Maybe, maybe not. He wanted $239 and his rock bottom was $225. I saw it when I bought my SJS from him to make my mini WSM.

We were too far apart money wise. My tops was $150.

And as I said, I got a nice one today for $140. The seller had just gotten a 22.5 and had a tiny patio so the other had to go.

I could tell he had taken care of it meticulously. He even had installed that lid hinge with the quick release pin, a lid gasket and a grommet.

Also added was the original Weber cover which he said, due to the hinge, was a tight squeeze. So he gave me two other covers that do fit.

One of them is a Classic Series Hickory Cover. Looks real nice. Breathable material but I don't think it's waterproof.

The other is a Classic Accessories Veranda Smoker Cover. and is rubber lined. I wonder which I should use?

He even gave me a thermometer and some cherry wood which I guess he didn't fancy. Heck of a nice guy. I'm going to have to bring him some ribs.

It was a good day.

Last edited:

Back