Craycort or weber gourmet?

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
I'm in the market for a new set up was wondering everyone's thoughts on either/both. Does anyone have or had both? Just curious. I plan to order Xmas morning. Lol. Thx

I've had neither but my opinion is, though craycort is a high quaility investment, it is a one trick pony while the gourmet system has many different inserts. That could influence a buy if the various inserts are required/desired.

Last edited:
Still kicking myself for missing the 25% off the Craycort grills (black Friday thru end of November) To answer your question, it sure seems like Craycort is the better grill, that's what I'm holding out for. Hope they have another sale soon

Both would be good investments, in my opinion. It comes down to this: Craycort will give you the full space covered with CI, while the Weber will only give you the center section. However, the Weber offers more flexibility (through add-on accessories, of course).

You might also consider the STOK. While not as solid as the Craycort, it gives full CI coverage of the grill area, with the center opening, like the Weber. I have one and have been happy with it. Haven't tried the Weber accessories with it yet, but I imagine they'd fit. (note to self: look at the specs of both to see if you can find the diameter of the opening). The STOK can be found here: http://www.target.com/p/st-k-22-5-cast-iron-grate/-/A-14007246#prodSlot=medium_1_14&term=stok

John, have you given any thought to GrillGrates? I have them, and like them better than cast iron.
Check em out.

I'm leaning towards the gourmet for versatility. And cuz my OCD tells me I should go with the symmetrical set up. Not sure I like the craycort being in quarter sections. If I want full cast iron cooking, I still have my modified cast iron grates that work with the hinged cooking grate.

I like the stuff you can get for the weber system better too. And it's weber :)
Have not really looked into the grill grates. Look forward to more opinions on the matter. Thx.

Back