My first ABT's

Ralph Grunz

TVWBB Fan
Be still my heart......
I did my first ABT's; the whole family was totaly alarmed... they were quite sure that the dad had lost his border crossing mind...

I bought a chile holder kinda thing online... it came with a cool "rooter rooter" tool designed just for jalapenos..

I cut the top off each jalapeno, cleaned those suckers out, rinsed them in water and put them in the rack... went on to the next one until I had all 36 holes filled in the rack...

I sauted a pound of sweet italian sausage; mixed that with a package of philly creme cheesee (i only stole a little bit for sample lol)

I cut off just enough of the bottom of the pepper so I knew there was room for release of air pressure in the pepper... Then I stuffed each pepper with the cheese and sausage... I then cut slices of bacon in half. I folded the bacon double and capped each pepper with the bacon and secured it with toothpicks...

I cooked this inside in oven at 350* for 30 minutes... checked it, bacon was almost but quite where I wanted it... cooked another 10 minutes... let cool and served..

believe me, I will never do that again... now I had all these people, formerly my family members, who wanted nothing to do with this cook...... who I " begged" to please try just once.... I was **** lucky to get any at all after that...

There must be a 1000 ways to do these things; but I will never forget my first batch.... not ever...

This is the best $13.00 you will EVER invest in ABT"s

http://www.amazon.com/exec/obi...SV6/thevirtualweberb

Sounds good, I like them whole too. You don't have to cut off the tip, just use to tip of the corer to make a slit at the bottom of the pepper. The air will escape just fine.

I made my first ABT's this weekend. I only made 10 and left them whole.

Big hit. Almost ran to the store for more peppers.

These things are amazing.

Back