Table 10.1 - Dietary Fats and Their Value, In Decending Order, to Human Health

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I was just thumbing through "Fat Chance: Beating the Odds Against Sugar, Processed Food, Obesity, and Disease" and I found this table (I was also thumbing through Snowbird Secrets: A Guide to Big Mountain Skiing) ---- just bored a little, I'm out of commission (no skiing / weight lifting) due to a sore knee... ....not serious, I don't think.

I suppose it's most interesting because a couple cast iron experts or bloggers seem to recommend using flax seed oil, someone here posted "we don't cook with flax seed oil", but then I remembered that I've bought flax seeds to add to my bread for whatever seemed like a good idea at the time.

Seems Flax Seed Oil might be good to cook with after all.... anyone use it?

10841754_10203285190792455_2270221518648009600_o.jpg

If you're adding the seeds to your bread whole Clint, there is no benefit to your health (the are an omega 3 source but fish oil is best for that). They have to be crushed/ground. Whole, they just pass through with no impact.

Having said that, fresh ground flax goes rancid in hours so grind 'em and use 'em immediately.

I'm trying to figure out what kind of spice grinder to get..... mortar & pestle or one of the spinning blade top coffee grinders....

Back