Meat Slicer

I got a lower end one ($99-129) in 2007 and haven't liked it much...haven't used it in years. No real problems, it's just a little awkward and a little difficult to clean... I've told a few people to get a slicing knife instead but maybe I'll like it for bacon or ?

We ordered one through Cabela's last winter. I think it cost about $200. We use it for slicing bacon mostly.

We ordered one through Cabela's last winter. I think it cost about $200. We use it for slicing bacon mostly.

Thanks Russ. I'm looking at slicers now at Sportsman's Warehouse that are probably comparable.

Have a Berkel 825E we picked up used for $150 and just love it!

Hey Marty... After pricing and checking out the 825E, I see you got a heck of a deal, and then some! Their site lists the 825E as a commercial slicer. There is also a disclaimer, something to the effect of The warrantee will be voided if used for non- commercial purposes. Guess I'll keep looking. Thanks.

Cliff - I bought a homeowner model - Chef's Choice 615 at Kohls. Think it was about $120 after some discounts. Works perfect for the occasional slicing. I've used it for beef, turkey and bacon. Here is an old post.
Deli Slicer

Look on kijiji, craigslist for used commercial units. You can get a heck of a unit for $200 from deli's that went OOB.

As long as you got the space to keep it ;)

e-bay has a ton of them. I bought a 10" commercial slicer for $150 bid. I did get lucky, they go for about $250-$350. However, " Luck is when preparation meets opportunity " Good luck and good hunting.

Bill

Back