R.I.P le Gros Bill

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
Jean Beliveau, the long time captain of the Montreal Canadiens, passed away at 83. The classiest former player, I've ever seen. Turned down a senate appointment ( thought representatives should be elected), turned down being governor general to be with his family and did nothing but live his live, on and off the ice with class and grace.

Won the cup 10 times, his name on the cup 17 times. And until recently, when his health started to fail, personally responded to every piece of fan mail he ever got, and his name and phone number are in the montreal phone book.

In this day and age of idolatry of professional athletes, one can often lose sight of the fact that there WERE people who not only deserved such trust, but considered that trust sacred. To me no one took on that role with a bigger sense of responsibility than Jean Beliveau.

A deep, deep loss that has nothing to do with hockey.

His death happened when they were on the road, tonight is the first night back home since his passing and there will be a restrained tribute to him before the habs canucks game.

All I can do is hope the habs actually do the opposite of what they have done for most of the season and show up in the first tonight.

His death happened when they were on the road, tonight is the first night back home since his passing and there will be a restrained tribute to him before the habs canucks game.

All I can do is hope the habs actually do the opposite of what they have done for most of the season and show up in the first tonight.

They knocked the stuffing out of the Kings last night. Ouch!

Back to Jean-
I just wish they could have had his memorial in the original Forum. But that's long gone now as a shopping mall. Better than bulldozing it over I guess.

They knocked the stuffing out of the Kings last night. Ouch!

Back to Jean-
I just wish they could have had his memorial in the original Forum. But that's long gone now as a shopping mall. Better than bulldozing it over I guess.

Jones had a tough night, you guys carried the 1st and if not for carey price, you guys would have killed us ( a common refrain for the habs).

The sole saving grace is that doughty didn't look so great on on sekac's goal.

Back