Some advise please

Bill Schultz

TVWBB Hall of Fame
So I tried the past week to cook with my Weber Genesis twice, finding the burners were lit but flowing real low and it would not get up past about 175.

So figuring since the gauge was reading the bottom 1/4 of the tank I replaced it with a nice heavy full tank. Guess what the same thing.

Temps have been around 40 but I have cooked at that temp in the past and am at a lost as to what else beside the temp could it be?

Any suggestions?

Bill you might need to check the burner's and clean them out with a small straight pin they might of got bugs in them, It happens to my travel trailer ever year if not in use.

Thanks Jim but I found the problem after posting.

Someone, who I know and love dearly used my Weber during Thanksgiving as she needed a quick extra burner. And she turned off the propane tank but not the burner.
So the regulator check valve was doing it's job of checking the flow of gas when started as there was a unseen covered burner knob still left on.

I am leaving this post up as maybe it will help someone else some day. Genni is burning like her old self now.

Yea regulator problem was my guess. Glad you got it sorted out! I just had to replace a regulator on my gasser.

You're not alone Bill, Left the side burner on when I shut the tank off and closed the cover over the burner so I didn't know it was on, The regulator did it's job alright finally found it after I took the grill completely apart

Back