WTB: Weber Pizza Oven

Do they sell that paddle/peel in the US? I've got one on my Christmas list but I like that one better...

Edit: I see a weber peel on amazon but it doesn't look the same as the one yiu can barely see in the pic...

Last edited:
Dwain,

Next time I'm at Elliot's I'll nose around the shelves for you. If I find one I'll buy it and we can figure out how to ship it to you afterwards.

Jim

Any luck on one Dwain? Would love to hear how it works.

Last year a guy from Ohio got a hold of one. His work has a branch in Europe. He got one shipped relatively inexpensively. Got any friends in Europe? Lol. I would love to have one as well. Maybe some of our euro friends can help us out?

I read that Elliot Ace Hardware was a test bed for the Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven in the US. It fits onto a 22" Weber Kettle grill like this one at the weber UK site: https://www.weberbbq.co.uk/product/weber-original-charcoal-pizza-oven/

I am interested in getting one of these shipped to Alabama but they are sold out. If you were one of the few who bought one and want to part with it shoot me a PM and we'll discuss it.

I was also hoping to try one of these out. I recently ended up buying a PizzaQue for $179.99 after veterans discount at Home Depot.

Actually... You've given me an idea. I do have an old friend in Germany. One of my old crew chiefs. He owes me for not turnin his butt in for... Uh mm never mind. Let's just say he owes me. ;)

If you are really lucky, see if he or someone he knows has access to the military APO mail. Would save a bunch on shipping.

So... I could get the Kettle Pizza Deluxe kit which includes a stone and peel delivered direct from the Kettle Pizza site via FedEx Home Delivery for $197.40. Same kit is $215.04 thru Amazon delivered (I am not Prime).

However, I am not thrilled with the design: 1) The lid sits atop the Kettle Pizza ring and is therefor too high allowing all the heat to ride up there. 2) The stone sits on the grate so it is directly heated by the charcoal/wood which can cook the bottom faster that the top. 3) The heat/smoke travels all around the stone not directing heat over the pie to cook the top.

Or... I could get a Weber Original Charcoal Pizza Oven (Weber Part No 6520) from Amazon.de (German) and have it delivered UPS for $235.09.

I like the design much better: 1) The lid is low directing heat over the pie. 2) the lid opens allowing a peel to easily get under the pie. 3) The stone is protected from direct heat by a "bowl" built into the oven which should allow the top to "catch up" to the heat on the stone. 4) Vents in the rear of the oven direct heat/smoke over the pie and under the stone from one place.

To me, it's worth the $20.05 - $37.69 to buy Weber's design (though without a peel). The actual oven cost $170 once the exchange rate is applied which I believe is about $20 more than the price offered in the North and Northwest test markets but... shipping was killer. This thing is heavy and it went thru three countries to get here.

The worst part: it costs more than the OTS it sits on (including all OTG modifications I added). The best part: SWMBO agreed so...

I ordered the 9th, it shipped from Milan Italy on the 11th, went thru Koeln Germany (that's what UPS called the town of Köln I guess = Cologne in English), went thru Louisville and Montgomery, and delivered here to Huntspatch today. It's raining off and on so it will have to wait until this weekend to cook on it.

(This is why I am trying to figure out the pizza dough formulation.)

Here are some photos.

Last edited:
Dwain,

I'm looking forward to seeing your results.

Trader Joe's sells bags of fresh pizza dough that I use.

Jim

Now,THAT'S cool! I don't know why Weber won't sell those here in the States. They could make even more money than they do! Which is not a bad thing!

I just ordered one last night from amazon.de (Germany). With shipping to California, it was 183 Euros ($218 at the current exchange rate). Shipped from Italy this morning, expected to be here in less than a week. Fairly comparable in price to the Pizza Kettle kit with the stone.

We should start our own club. I have yet to use it, though I'm getting closer, perhaps this weekend.

Back