Another grilling video...

Well, Lonnie... that was fantastic! with my slow stream, did that cook really last 35 minutes??
icon_biggrin.gif

Love The tune too!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Corey Elks:
good music good food good beer.........loved the video loved the pit..did u make the pit </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

This pit was made by a friend of mine over in Beaumont... It is beefy! Made from an old propane tank. I love the thing!

Lonnie, love the "State of Texas" welded on the side... nice touch!
icon_wink.gif

...and the swing grill top.

Wicket Pit. Only in Texas. I was wondering how he was going to sear that sirloin up top on the grill but looks like he used one from his WSM on the coals.

Just out of curiosity, what kinda wood did you throw in there? Some charcoal on top of it in the later shots maybe?

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris E:
Wicket Pit. Only in Texas. I was wondering how he was going to sear that sirloin up top on the grill but looks like he used one from his WSM on the coals.

Just out of curiosity, what kinda wood did you throw in there? Some charcoal on top of it in the later shots maybe? </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Yep, I have several old grates laying around just for this purpose. I usually just throw the steaks right in the fire!

I start out with about a half bag of K and put the wood on top of that. Get's it going real good and fast that way. This was blackjack oak in the pit. I have a tun of the stuff.

Ah, here it is 24 hours later, and the pit is still hot enough to add some logs to and fire off again.

Wish I had another steak!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by Chris Smith:
The tinkling Yorkie provides a humbling background to the machismo talk at the beginning
icon_smile.gif
</div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Ha! I was going to make the same comment. Everything's bigger in TX--except the little pooch. Need a big old giant dog to go with that macho pit! Though some times those little dogs are pretty tough.

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">Originally posted by KenP:
Lonnie, how's the editing software that comes / that camera?

Good looking food, BTW! </div></BLOCKQUOTE>

Not bad for simply quick editing of endpoints and saving to your hard drive... It is really not editing software per say. I do everything on Final Cut on my Mac...

Hey Lonnie - What a great video and great looking cook. When I saw that Pit (Yorkie) Bull getting close to the Texas Pit I wasn't sure we were going to see the end of the show or of you chasing after him
icon_biggrin.gif
. Nice job and loved the presentation. Bob B
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Ah! It is so sad... I ALWAYS take one of his little doggie treat sticks and put it on the grill for just a minute and pretend that I am cooking it and then give it to him. I'll bet that is what he was waiting on... I completely forgot to do it this cook... Poor guy!

Back