Hooks for cast iron pans

timothy

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
As the title says I'm looking to hang my CI, (on the side of my kitchen cabinets.) (composite board 1/2" )
I have a few ideas, but also interested if anyone has any recommendations?

Tim

skillets mostly? Maybe figure out the weight... I hung my wok on one side, my bbq tongs & spatula on another, and then 2 hotpads & dish towel on another....

I used lightweight bronze hooks like someone might hang a plant from.... You might get better advice with pics of the area, and the pieces you'd like to hang.... otherwise, I might suggest:

cutcaster-photo-800991171-Hammer-and-nail.jpg

:p

I like that idea Tom. Yea mostly skillets Clint ( a 15" 2- 12" 2- 8" and a few griddles etc )

Tim

OMG, Clint! Someone asks for help with hanging skillets and your reply was this photo! I thought I would split my sides when I saw that. Just what I needed after a full day of putting out serious fires. I think I can breathe again.

Rita

Here are a couple of ideas for you to consider:

DIY: the $40 Pot Rack

Build Your Own Pot Rack for Under $60

I like the use of black pipe and hardware like in the first link above. When hanging cast iron, it's a good idea to make it more secure due to the weight. For example, I would use elbows instead of a tee and have it connect to the ceiling on both ends. For sure find a stud to secure the flanges. In the end, you should be able to do chin-ups on the horizontal pipe. If you have a lot of CI to hang, you could always add a third or fourth connection using tee fittings as shown in the pictures.

Food for thought.

Thank's Webster. Store bought pot racks wouldn't work for my ceiling, but that DIY could.:)

Tim

That 2nd pic looks like a rim fire shooting gallery. What are the hooks sunk into, a 1x2"? I have to assume the chefs/cooks are young and about the same height. That is a lot of weight overhead. The sleigh is very novel.

Back