Finally got a meat grinder....

Mike Willis

TVWBB All-Star
I decided that I needed a meat grinder for personal use. I've been looking at them for well over a year (I'm a research freak) and after looking at ratings ("top 5" or "top 10" meat grinders under $200...), one kept coming to the top of the listings. It was delivered Tuesday...bought it from Amazon (using the TVWBB link). I got the STX Turboforce 3000. Goofy name but has enough power to be considered as the closest thing to a commercial grinder (without actually being one) out there. I haven't even taken it out of the box yet....

When I clock out from work at 0700 on Wednesday, Nov 26th (gotta work a 12 hour graveyard shift) I will be free and clear to play whenever I want...RETIREMENT AWAITS after 36 years as a Radiologic Technologist (plus 2 years as a student)! After that date is when I am planning on trying it out with 6 lbs of pork butt that will wind up as breakfast sausage patties...the 10 lb butt is headed towards buckboard bacon territory.

I will post regarding it's performance, but from everything I've read online and in reviews it will be overkill for us, and that's OK - it'll last. The #12 throat and 3 year warranty helped sway my decision as well as it being the #1 best selling grinder on Amazon. I will attempt some pictures of it in action, but I am a landscape person...my skills at indoor photos is greatly lacking. Maybe I should use it outside...:D

"Stay tuned to this station for more on this story...."

Good info, a fella at work just yesterday asked me about a meat grinder... I don't know anything about them...so update us!

When I clock out from work at 0700 on Wednesday, Nov 26th (gotta work a 12 hour graveyard shift) I will be free and clear to play whenever I want...RETIREMENT AWAITS after 36 years as a Radiologic Technologist (plus 2 years as a student)! "Stay tuned to this station for more on this story...."
Congrats on 11/26/14!!! My day is 12/31/20 and I count each and everyday :)

Look forward to some home-ground cooks

The STX Turboforce 3000 model eh?
Is that the one with three deuces and a four speed and a 389?
:p

Enjoy the grinder and retirement Mike!

Hey Mike the last I heard you were going to retire on 12/14 but 11/26 is even better, congrates! Enjoy the grinder and you're retirement.

The STX Turboforce 3000 model eh?
Is that the one with three deuces and a four speed and a 389?
:p

Enjoy the grinder and retirement Mike!

Bob, don't forget the Positraction rear end! I wish they had called it the GTO Turboforce...:D

Hey Mike the last I heard you were going to retire on 12/14 but 11/26 is even better, congrates! Enjoy the grinder and you're retirement.

Yeah, I moved it up Rich. My official last day is 12/13/14 since it's the last day of the last pay period of the year. My director will be giving me my vacation payout for that last pay period, making my last working day Nov 25th 7:00pm, clocking out at 7:00am on 11/26. I've always been impatient...:rolleyes:

Back