Long Barn CA

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
Long Barn CA is a quaint little place in the Foothills of kalfornia about 5K altitude. Bad fire last year closed forest until just recently. Got back in there pretty good, came across this old rail road river crossing. Who wants to go first?

IMG_1955_zpsae4f4d3d.jpg

IMG_1956_zps5acbc1c3.jpg

IMG_1957_zps86699ac2.jpg

kalifornia fall is a beautiful time of year

I wonder if that's from Deadwood- errr I mean Hell On Wheels. Cool old technology there

Last edited:
Some great dirtbike trails, ex train tracks running through the mountains (foothills)

I'm in! It's pics like that that make me take the back roads whenever possible. There's soooo much history that we just bypass daily. Great pics, an awesome little reminder of days gone by.
Tim

Great pictures! When people think of California all they thinks of is the Los Angeles sprawl of freeways and cookie cutter homes. After living there for over forty years and going from one end of the state to the other there is so many beautiful places to go and see it's hard to image.

Kewl area and former RR trestle, Chuck !
Here's one, a little farther south ;) and a little more arid ...

Bob
waiting for the day UP4014 hits the rails again...

That's quite the place Bob. I didn't take my phone on our second ride, we made it to Clavey River. Saw two bears which was quite the surprise, as it is bear season. Clavey river has a long history in kalifornia, the part we rode to looked like nobody had been there in a few years

Cell spot (the only place to get cell there)

IMG_1950.JPG

Fire photos

IMG_1951.JPG

IMG_1963.JPG

Future firewood (maybe next weekend)

IMG_1972.JPG

I LOVE nature. Nice trail! It's getting a little snowy for bikes here, I had to settle for skis last night (first ski of the year - skinned to the top of Brighton with a couple friends)

10714419_10203167916700676_9206522955442366818_o.jpg

Looking good Clint!! My son can't wait for ski season. kalifornia is in a drought, hopefully it will end soon

Kewl area and former RR trestle, Chuck !
Here's one, a little farther south ;) and a little more arid ...

Bob

img-30.jpg

Been to this site a few times. Anza Borrego is one of my favorite places to visit anytime - even in the heat of summer!

Not too far from here are some fantastic native american pictographs....

ih_03_blue_sun_pictographs.JPG

Back