Those were the days my friends...

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
we thought they'd never end......

3 short years ago.

IMGP3688.JPG

I feel the pain, Bob! Last I looked, brisket was $3.99 a lb. and probably on the rise, here! :(

think I'm gonna be sick....
puking-on-screen-smiley-emoticon.gif

Ed, 399 is good! I only seen it at 599 and higher

Last edited:
On the plus side, for my Colorado son, he recently sold his cattle for a nice chunk of change.
It will be a few years before the herds rebound, until then we will be eating mor chikin.

IMGP8303.JPG

Scary how much beef is right now. I saw a flat at the grocery store last night that was over $50. We are definitely eating more chicken lately. Heck, it may be cheaper now to get bison or elk.

Scary how much beef is right now. I saw a flat at the grocery store last night that was over $50. We are definitely eating more chicken lately. Heck, it may be cheaper now to get bison or elk.

I just bought another 40lbs of boneless skinless no hormones added, natural, chicken breasts from Zayconfoods.com last week. I think it was something like $1.67 a pound. Best chicken breast around!

Here's my latest: $3.68/lb @ Wally World. I'd sure love to see sub $2.00/lb brisket again.

008_zps99fb1687.jpg

Last edited:
Turkey is on sale for .98lb right now around here, I've bought 6 so far.. It never came on sale around here last TG or Christmas... I like to have them for the off season...

Yep was looking at a full packer at 17 pounds @ 6.99lb and couldn't decided to buy it or make my car payment.
Been getting some great deals on chicken at Albertsons, Sanderson Farms salt and hormone free under a buck a pound for bone in breast, thighs or drums. Got a freezer full of those and assorted bone in pork chops at 1.09 a pound.
So far 2 butterballs at .99 pound would have bought more but those were the only 2 they had under 14lbs.
Only get beef I get is in the dog food section anymore, got my last Tri-Tip regular price 19.68 marked down to 10.80 I can live with that.

Safeway has Butterballs and Honey Suckle for .69 lb. I'll buy a couple 3 Butterballs..that'll last me a while.
Have you all checked out the price of Philly cream cheese lately? On sale it's $1.99! Last year I bought a case of 20 @ .89 each! Either I won't be making my famous clam dip this year, or it's going to cost me $6.00 just for the cream cheese!

Bob, down here .59 for Butterball turkeys is the starting price. Nobody buys them at that price though, they will be .49 and with points most are free! There is some things still that are deals out there.

Back