Caveat emptor

R L Bagwell

TVWBB Pro
Hello All:

A few months back, I posted a message about a new BBQ magazine entitled Barbecue America, which looked to be a really good publication, so much so that I ordered a year's (six issues) subscription; I received my first magazine (the July/August issue) in the mail, and was not disappointed with my purchase.

This morning I realized that I had never received the next (September/October) issue, so I went to the website, and, lo and behold, was presented with the bad news: the magazine was no longer being published. Feeling I was due at least a partial refund, I called the number listed, but it was simply an advertiser and not the publishing company itself. The lady with whom I spoke said I was not the only one who had called inquiring about the magazine's apparent demise.

In any event, I contacted my bank (I always use a credit card for every purchase I make for just this reason, not to mention the Rewards program benefits) to dispute the charge and, after some discussion, I was told my account would be refunded the entire amount.

Should any of you have taken my recommendation and subscribed to the magazine, my apologies for the apparent bad advice - hopefully you may recoup some or all of your losses as I did.

Regards,

Rooster

R L Bagwell, you said your first magazine was good? Hmmm... I wonder where I could get a copy.

Back