What's wring with this picture?

John Wheeler

TVWBB Pro
Saw this at harbor freight recently. Just thought I'ld share and see what the comments are.

It does have a legit tag on the mirror, but let's be real here! Still amazed when I look at it...

It's the oxymoron-ness about it. There are too many people who abuse the privelage so when you see this its a bit comical...

Not everyone has "walking" disabilities is where I think you're going with this.

Myself, I have problems walking distances as I have lung issues breathing under physical stress due to asthma-like symptoms.

Even using meds, I'm huffing and puffing going up one flight of stairs.

Last edited:
I think what he's trying to say is if someone had a new Vette, wouldn't they be buying off a Snap-On truck vs. shopping at Harbor Freight?

Has anyone here driven one of these? From this angle, it looks like it would have a huge blindspot.

Not everyone has "walking" disabilities is where I think you're going with this.

Myself, I have problems walking distances as I have lung issues breathing under physical stress due to asthma-like symptoms.

Even using meds, I'm huffing and puffing going up one flight of stairs.
My mom has the same issues as you do plus to reconstructed ankles and a neck fusion. So I have a bit of a different outlook on who gets these permits. We've all seen a person park and get out w no problems. This is just a picture to ponder and ask yourself "really?"

I think what he's trying to say is if someone had a new Vette, wouldn't they be buying off a Snap-On truck vs. shopping at Harbor Freight?

Has anyone here driven one of these? From this angle, it looks like it would have a huge blindspot.

Wrong.

OP comments on "legit tag on the mirror". Definitely refers to a vette in a handicap spot, not about H.F.

A disabling illness or disease doesn't care who it attacks, doesn't care how much money you have or what kind of car you drive.
My neighbor has a couple year old vette, and a new pick up, yet he has congestive heart failure and other health problems, where he can't walk or stand for long periods of time, like no more than like 10 minutes at a time, or the pain in his legs and back becomes out of control and breathing becomes difficult.
According to my neighbor, he always dreamed of owning a vette, so when he was diagnosed a few years ago, he went out and bought himself his dream car, I suppose to check off one more thing off his bucket list.

I like the looks of the new Corvette, except for the tail lights that they borrowed from the Camaro assembly line. As far as using the handicap stall, I don't think we can judge the person's need for using or not using the stall just because they drive a Corvette. What kind of vehicle should handicapped people drive? Old run down beaters? Something that costs less than what we all drive? Who should decide? As long as they have that permit hanging on the mirror or the handicap license plates on the vehicle, they are welcome to park in that stall as far as I am concerned. Disabilities happen to people from all walks of life. I get upset when I see vehicles without the proper permits or license plates parking in the handicap stalls, no matter what type of vehicle it is. It might be me someday that needs to use that stall.

A disabling illness or disease doesn't care who it attacks, doesn't care how much money you have or what kind of car you drive.
My neighbor has a couple year old vette, and a new pick up, yet he has congestive heart failure and other health problems, where he can't walk or stand for long periods of time, like no more than like 10 minutes at a time, or the pain in his legs and back becomes out of control and breathing becomes difficult.
According to my neighbor, he always dreamed of owning a vette, so when he was diagnosed a few years ago, he went out and bought himself his dream car, I suppose to check off one more thing off his bucket list.
Exactly my point. Not all disabilities are visible.

My mom has the same issues as you do plus to reconstructed ankles and a neck fusion. So I have a bit of a different outlook on who gets these permits. We've all seen a person park and get out w no problems. This is just a picture to ponder and ask yourself "really?"

We're all fighting many unseen battles and it's sometimes hard not to judge.

Maybe the handicapped person hired a really fast driver to pick up a wrench for their handrail! :) (and leant them the pass for a faster return)

I know many... I mean a lot of people with issues. None of them take advantage, and most wouldn't even ask for help. I also know a couple of mooches who would take advantage like you might think...

No way to tell. So long as they're not f'ing with me I really don't care either :)

What a thrill a 'vette would offer anybody. If only I could justify the expense. Maybe one day!

Yes, I'm aware. I was just trying to lighten the mood a little bit. Guess my humor didn't come across that well.

forums (and texts etc) can be difficult

41uYe1iHWIL.jpg

(I don't have a fast car. I have a truck, a work van, and an enduro motorcycle).

BTW Teddy, when you have the accelerator power of a Corvette, Blindspots are .....less existent... :)

Last edited:
After my second back surgery in February, my doctor signed an application like thing from DMV, so I could get a handicap placard so I could use the parking spaces closes to the door at the market. He made it out for 6 months only. I guess he thought by giving me that piece of paper to take to DMV, would enable me to drive to the store. NOT!
I never did make it to DMV, let alone able to drive my car or pickup anywhere for a couple of months.
But I do know, doctors don't just hand these out to just anyone, and the doctor has to update the application every so often in order for the placard to still be valid.

Could the "what's wrong" that John was trying to have us guess be that they located the handicap parking spots farther from the building than the regular spots?

I know what's wrong with this picture - who mounts a handicap parking sign to the top of the roof of a Corvette?

Back