Car Talk's Tom Magliozzi dies at 77

So sad to hear of the passing of Tom Magliozzi of "Car Talk". I love that show and appreciate all the laughter he provided over the years. He will be missed!

http://www.npr.org/2014/11/03/357428287/tom-magliozzi-popular-co-host-of-nprs-car-talk-dies-at-77

I've has the pleasure of doing long road trips where on sunday I'm scanning the dial to find the local NPR station. My daughter HATES talk radio, she thinks its only good for music. Because she sits in the back she has no say about what the radio plays so she laments

" why do you like these guys so much ? All they do it talk and laugh all the time"
" this is their job, you know " I reply
" so they get paid to talk to each other on the radio and laugh for an hour a week ?"
" you should be so lucky"

Tom's laugh was the definition of infectious, and even in reruns for the last two years the show holds up incredibly well. I laughed, I learned and most of all I was entertained from the day I first listened to them as a poor grad student forced to drive some pretty sketchy rides.

A super sad day.

Very sad day. I loved car talk and so do my kids... always made them listen when it was on while driving to sporting events over the years.

I always enjoyed "squandering a perfectly good hour" listening to Car Talk while traveling.

R.I.P. Tom

Back