Harvest side burner

ChuckO

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
I just want to harvest the side burner off this old beast and then be rid of it. I only want the side burner for starting my charcoal. Any suggestions how to set up it to do so?

charcoallighter_zps8b1583b4.jpg

Chuck, I guess it depends on how labor intensive you want the project to be. In its simplest form, you could remove the burner, go to dollar general and buy the deepest frying pan they have. Bore a hole in the side of the pan (to run your gas line through) and place your burner in the pan. Place the burner cover grate (the thing your chimney is sitting on in your photo) over the burner in the frying pan and you're set! $5, 15-20 minutes and you're in business.
At least a place to start..
Tim

nothing to add but we have the exact same grill ( I also want to get rid of mine due to lack of use).

It was a decent gasser in it's day. It's tall so you could do beer can chickens and you could cook them indirectly as you can turn off one side or the other. Ever since I got my "Q" gassers, it's just sat on the side of the house and only gets used to light charcoal

I look forward to the day when I get a Genesis. My "big Q" will be on craigslist before the bow comes off the box that the Genesis comes in :)

Back