Internet Radio

Clint

TVWBB Olympian
I just got one of these a few days ago, used, for a pretty good price.

Grace Digital GDI-IRC7500

Sounds really good! No AM/FM, it's strictly internet (I got the wired ethernet adapter), but it picks up all? the locals including HD radio which you might not get if you don't have an expensive HD radio receiver.

First thing I did was tune into UK (don't ask why, no reason) and found some interesting upbeat music to listen to, and then I've scrolled through Korean, Chinese, Arabic, all kinds of world music & talk, & even some old time radio.

Mine has been stuck on my Fugazi channel from Pandora almost all morning (linked the account).

This version is LARGE. I think it's comparable to (blows away, I bet) the Tivoli Model One (Henry Kloss) I've read about.

No web interface, and their smartphone app requires wifi.

I could use that for my backyard. I've currently got my ghettoblaster hooked up to my phone, but that's a pain because half the time I need my phone to do photos and whatnot

It'd actually work really well but dedicated outdoor speakers might be better?? I used to have some "mushroom" speakers - they were partly buried, with the tops sticking out.... They wore out a few years ago and I clipped the wire to them when I did some repairs.

I just got a pair for my back yard that'll be mounted under an awning.. I have some grand ideas for sound distribution & control but it'll probably be something simple (duct taped) like tie them into the amp in the shop/garage area. These aren't the ones I got but they look good: http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B0001VGFKW/tvwb-20

I bought a Sonos 5 a few years ago and have bought a couple more units. One pair I have in our living room in a stereo configuration. Another unit is in another room and I move it to the backyard when we are entertaining. The sound is excellent and I have Pandora and Spotify premium accounts. Access is via a computer, smartphone or tablet app. Best system we've ever owned. http://www.amazon.com/exec/obidos/ASIN/B003CP0FUU/tvwb-20

Been using tune in for quite some time. Easy to use and a lot of stations to choose from.
Tim

Back