Copy Cat

Jim Lampe

TVWBB 1-Star Olympian
As the sunset once again in "Rayville" (no standing water today
icon_biggrin.gif
), I brought out the first bag of Stubb's I ever bought and fired up the BurgDoubleD-OTS for my version of "Weber's Orange-Ginger Pork Chops".
I know, I know, JimK posted the same last Saturday butt I love the loin chops I get from Sendik's and I'm on the same mailing list as JimK is (perhaps, you are also on it).
Anyway, the temp outside is dropping (you can see that by checking out my semi-new <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green thermapen</span>...
icon_biggrin.gif
...got the marinated loins on high heat, a few minutes aside direct... then moved them off the hotspot and mopped em with the boiled reserved marinade til they tempt out at 135-140'F then removed them from the grill & loosely foiled them to finish 'em off. Added red garnet yams and steamed Brussel sprouts .
And that's that.
icon_smile.gif

Thank you for viewing!

Hey Jim - The only reason you have that nice sunset is because you sent your standing water on over here to Washington. We are supposed to have a nice Sunset here tomorrow night. Great looking Chops and plate. Love the Sprouts. The only thing I can think of to have enhanced your cook was to have used a <span class="ev_code_RED">red thermapen</span>. Although for the most part I do have to say I'm not against green. Today I picked up a <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green Performer</span>. I may have to get a <span class="ev_code_GREEN">green thermapen</span> to match it. Bob
wsmsmile8gm.gif

Jim

CB (Stubblefield) AKA Stubbs would have been proud of your cooking. Long ago he was a customer of mine when I was a pharmacist at Eckerds here in Austin. CB was about 6' 6" and always wore white overall. If you haven't tried his BBq sauce you should. Be it known before it was commercially available I bought Sauce from CB.. It came in an old 5th whiskey bottle, and every bottle had at least one Jalapeno pepper poked into it as a surprise. Back then The sauce was home made. I always gave it to my neighbors as christmas presents. (the closest you can get to the original is the bottle marked spicy.

BTW CB only cooked with mesquite wood in his brick pit.

later

And now I'm tipping my hat to you Jim. Always love your posts. You bring a lot of passion and fun to the mix. Best wishes buddy, - G

ManAlive! Thanks guys!
This is a great recipe posted by the Weber people, and you know, orange juice and ginger go well together, but (i think) it takes a great mind to come up with great ideas like this recipe to make everything work. We get to play with their ideas and sample the success's of those ideas.
When I first received
icon_smile.gif
this recipe, I thought... Great to do and post on TVWBB... butt someone more awake than I did it and JimK's cook was just MORE inspiration to cook this up!

I gotta cut back on postin my dinner's ... a guy i work with is viewing this site just to see what i'm eetin'. he's drivin' me pecans!
butt i think i'll cook up one more friday night with spurs on
icon_biggrin.gif

Thanks again!

<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-title">quote:</div><div class="ip-ubbcode-quote-content">I gotta cut back on postin my dinner's </div></BLOCKQUOTE>
Say it ain't so!
icon_frown.gif

Back