For once, Yahoo has . . . . .

Len Dennis

TVWBB Diamond Member
A worthwhile article.

For corvette lovers: https://ca.autos.yahoo.com/blogs/mo...s-from-the-dust-after-25-years-162558587.html

53white2.jpg

Make sure you watch the video at the bottom of the article.

Wow, Peter Max was too cheap to preserve the cars properly. He could not be bothered with simple car covers and some
decent heated storage facilities. Well at least they were not at the National Corvette Museum when they had their "instant underground collection".
It would be nice to see the collection stay together.

love the classic cars--- my old man had an 82 stingray, stepdad had a 56... the old man was also rebuilding an early 60s jag that my uncle used to race- he always said would be mine, but that burned up in my uncles shop---now it's in a museum...last I heard. I really liked the lines of the 82, and how it'd accelerate almost as strong as a motorcycle.

Although I really like the '53 vette, my all time favourite is the '63 jaguar xke.

Like this one
27025856-770-0@2X.jpg

I had an opportunity to get one back at auction back in '83 but decided against it because of it's horrendous ongoing maintenance/repair costs.

I ended up getting a '64 impala 2dr hardtop at that auction.

Rich, I have a 62 Corvette 327/340 that I have kept for 40 years. Even if I don't drive it for 6 months or a year it always puts a smile on my face when I fire it up again.
Sad story with a happy ending! Had a 63 split window sure wish I had it today!

Enzo Ferrari called the Jaguar XKE the most beautiful car he had ever seen.
Although I really like the '53 vette, my all time favourite is the '63 jaguar xke.

Like this one
27025856-770-0@2X.jpg

I had an opportunity to get one back at auction back in '83 but decided against it because of it's horrendous ongoing maintenance/repair costs.

I ended up getting a '64 impala 2dr hardtop at that auction.

Back