Attention Amazon Prime members> Amazon's Fire TV Stick $19 until Wednesday

especially good for hotel rooms!

I don't have wifi @ home so it wouldn't work for me, but it'd be nice to keep in the travel kit I think... sometimes I'll connect my notebook to the hotel room tv w/ a VGA cable..

especially good for hotel rooms!

I don't have wifi @ home so it wouldn't work for me, but it'd be nice to keep in the travel kit I think... sometimes I'll connect my notebook to the hotel room tv w/ a VGA cable..

How do you switch inputs? Whenever I'm at a hotel there is no source button on the remotes and many don't have physical button for source ( power, channel up/down, volume up/down).

Has twice the power of Chromecast, and comes with a remote.

Can't easily share desktops, laptops or phones. Flinging is awful. And just what I need - another remote to lose in the cushions of the sofa. BTW, a lot of hotels bloxk the ports these things use so forget Netflix etc.

How do you switch inputs? Whenever I'm at a hotel there is no source button on the remotes and many don't have physical button for source ( power, channel up/down, volume up/down).

Depends on the TV.... as they upgrade to digital sets there's really no way to know which TV they have, but most of the ones made after...?2006 have at least a VGA input, and the ones made in the last 2 years or so will play movies right off of USB drives. Of course there are always oddball places that still have CRTs (old style) where you're SOL.

Can't easily share desktops, laptops or phones. Flinging is awful. And just what I need - another remote to lose in the cushions of the sofa. BTW, a lot of hotels bloxk the ports these things use so forget Netflix etc.

Chromecast looks nice - fun world we're living in---so young with all this tech...people adopt it so quickly too.

>>I could be wrong but I don't think the hotels could really block these---once you're connected to their wireless network I think you'd be in.... same as on my notebook. Even if they did, you (I) could fire up your (my) phone as a wifi hotspot and stream it on the "big screen" that way...using your phone's data; my friend just showed me this. I had to root my phones before to be able to do this (never reliable), now it's just an option in settings. We went to speedtest.net & I was surprised to see >3 mbps both up & down in a somewhat rural area---faster than my DSL ever was.

Last edited:

Back