Mignon's? Nope, that's Medallions on my Q220

Bob Correll

R.I.P. 3/31/2022
100_3230.jpg

Beef Shoulder Tender Petite Medallions that is, sometimes called Petite Tenders (not to be confused with Mock Tenders).

We love them!
I stock up when a local market has a sale at about $4 lb, normal price over $7 lb.

I wrapped these in bacon, added a bit of Kosher salt, and fresh black pepper.
Cooked to med. rare.
Each weighs about 4 oz., and they're close to Filet Mignons in tenderness & taste, at least to my wife and I.

If you're not familar with this cut, here's more info:
http://www.beefinnovationsgroup.com/petitetender.aspx

Thanks Jim!
Only prob with the bacon is that these little fellas cook so fast that the bacon is barely cooked.
I eat it anyhow
icon_smile.gif

Hey Bob! Great minds must be thinking alike.

My mother in law asked me to come down on New Year's day and cook some tenderloin steaks. She has a gas grill, but I took my own (the Q220 of course).

Here is our cook:

SunJan03095334AmericaChicago2010.jpg

The two "odd" steaks are I think eye of round. MIL thought we might not have enough so she had those thawed when I got there. The tenderloins were great - the others got diverted to another use.

Maybe you could jump start the bacon in the oven or microwave before you wrap the petite tenders to help the cooking time even out?

Pat

Bob - I checked out the website you linked in you post - that's pretty cool. I'm always looking for a bargain but tender and tasty cut.

I really like chuck eyes, but the danged grocery stores here have caught on and the little boogers are almost as pricey as rib eyes!

I wish I could find a place to buy the sub-primal and try out my own knife skills! (Mine probably would be displayed in the "incorrect cuts" section of the website, but it would be fun to try!)

Thanks for the heads up on the cut - I'll start looking for them at Publix and the Pig.

Pat

Back