ThermoWorks DOT

I just bought one and will be using it tomorrow. I have a thermopop which I've used but having an alarm for temp will make things easier. I already had a grate thermometer and didn't want to spend $60+ for a maverick. It will be interesting to see if having the Dot makes a difference in my cook.

Thanks for posting, Jim. I received mine yesterday and I'll use it on a turkey breast today. It seems well made, and it even came with a small bag of Jelly Bellies that I put into my jelly belly.

i'll be ordering this week (trying to find two more buyers here to purchase 5 at 5 bucks off)
ThermoWorks includes the jelly beans in every order

I bought one a couple weeks ago; it works well. I did use the magnet to attach to my wsm lid which I think is a no-no as the current temp reading ended up "HHH" which probably means too darn hot! Now I use the little fold out stand. I do wish I had gotten the right angle probe which is discounted with the Dot. Oh, well. Anyway, the beep is pretty loud which is good. I actually heard it over the fam yelling during the World Series (Go Giants!!!). It's super simple to use and gets the job done. I appreciate that it comes with the batteries, too. It's worked fine on chicken (spatchcock) and on meatloaf.

Wait, it has a fold out stand? I used it for the first time yesterday and I was thinking, "Boy, this thing would be perfect if it had a little fold out stand."

Wait, it has a fold out stand? I used it for the first time yesterday and I was thinking, "Boy, this thing would be perfect if it had a little fold out stand."

Lol, yes, slide a thumbnail under the back and it pulls out =). Of course, after I posted I went to use my new (used twice) DOT and now it doesn't work! Grrr. I get a reading of "HHH" every single time I insert the probe. when I remove the probe it properly says "no probe". Nothing in the instructions says anything about this reading or how to fix it. I emailed Tworks; will see what they say. If it's a bad probe after only 2 cooks, I may just go back to my thermopop. I don't want to have to constantly buy probes - is this common? I'm really bummed...

EDITED to add: Tworks emailed me back and they are sending me a new probe at no cost. Great service, hope this one lasts longer.

Last edited:
Give them a call. Always get great service when I call.

ThermoWorks
1762 W. 20 S., #100
Lindon, UT 84042

Toll Free: 800-393-6434
Phone: 801-756-7705

i'll be ordering this week (trying to find two more buyers here to purchase 5 at 5 bucks off)
what I meant was: trying to find two more buyers here at home to purchase 5 at 5 bucks off...
taking orders on this site then shipping them out to everyone kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save 5 bucks each.
I am sorry for this confusion. :(

what I meant was: trying to find two more buyers here at home to purchase 5 at 5 bucks off...
taking orders on this site then shipping them out to everyone kind of defeats the purpose of trying to save 5 bucks each. I am sorry for this confusion. :(
That's gonna be tough, all your locals have to cover their bets from Sunday's game

Oh that was the previous Sunday, my bad :)
Looks like this coming Sunday would be a good bet on Green Bay

Placed an order today for SEVEN Dots :D
5 of their 600 degree silicone spatulas ($10ea or $8 5+) :)
a red TimeStick (on sale for $19) ;)
and a free ThermoWorks Meat Temperature Magnet with Purchases over $59 :cool:

Placed an order today for SEVEN Dots :D
5 of their 600 degree silicone spatulas ($10ea or $8 5+) :)
a red TimeStick (on sale for $19) ;)
and a free ThermoWorks Meat Temperature Magnet with Purchases over $59 :cool:

Jim are you still using your Dots? I have been using a Maverick 732 and thinking about adding one of these or just getting another 732 to have 4 wireless probes. Actually considering selling 732 and just getting the iGrill2 which has 4. Sheesh too much to think about, almost time to cook up some brats anyway.

I've had a DOT for a year or two, love it. I don't take especially good care of it and it still works perfectly. Probably used 75+ times.

Just placed an order for one of these. Great time to as they have a Site Wide 15% off promo code right now

Back