NHL Season starts!

T Perkins

TVWBB Fan
First weekend of the NHL season has arrived. Kinda tough for alot of folks to get excited about it since its still fairly nice out and MLB playoffs are in full swing and the NFL is in week 6 now.
My Wild team looked awesome on Thursday nite against new-hated rival Avs and look good so far tonite as well against those same Avs. Gonna be a tough road to hoe in the Central Division though with Chicago, St Louis, Colorado, Dallas, and Winnipeg this year.

3 games, 6 points and 2 ( perhaps three) periods where we looked worse than an AHL team. Still kind of early to tell, our division us not super stacked, the leafs are the leafs, Boston will likely be fine ( and near the top at the end). Buffalo is rebuilding, Florida is a mix of young and old. I think the top three will be habs, bruins and bolts but there is still a lot of hockey left.

From yesterday's game, if philly doesn't improve defensively they are going to have a rough road. The habs, for the first time in more than a decade, seemed able to cycle down low at will.

But it's nice to see Simmonds getting his due, he's a gem.

Yeah I'm pretty excited that the season has started. Baseball playoffs are okay but football just stinks. Huge hockey fan. Sharks since they came to town. Sabers since I was a little guy. Sharks like every year are starting strong with two shut outs to start the season with two different net minders. Was on the road for the first game but found it at a pub. Watched the wild Blackhawks the other night great game. T Perkins the smart boys are picking the wild to take the central! Jets and Hawks look good but Blues and Avas need goal tending. Dallas???hard to say.

The Hawks, hope they figure the WHOLE thing out this year. Ticket prices are insane at the MadHouse though.
With the Chicago Wolves we can see 13 or 14 games for the price of an upper level Hawks ticket. And the guys
playing all want to make the bigtime.

Bob, what level are the Wolves? I go see the MN Magicians alot. They are a NAHL team/19-20 yr olds. They play at the rink about 8 blocks from my place and we get alot of the kids that play hockey with my son to drag their parents to games. $18 for both of us to get in, no parking fees. Makes for good times!

Wow just checked Hawks tickets that is insane. My boy is a huge fan and wife has a business trip to Rockford in April. Thought me and the boy would take in a game but that is ridiculous! Might have to settle for a Wolves game if they are still going in April.

The Wolves are an AHL team. This Friday night they play the Lake Erie Monsters with ticket prices ranging from 10 to 55 dollars.

Dustin, in Rockford there is an AHL team, the Ice Hogs that would be like watching the Wolves. Both encourage families with kids to come out to the games.

I am only 2 miles from the Allstate Arena and if the weather isn't too wicked, like to walk to and from the games.

Nice to see some hockey talk in here. I've been a HUGE Blackhawks fans since the days of the Golden Jet. Hawks are looking strong again this year but playing in what I feel is the toughest division in hockey will be a true test of how good they really are. Lord Stanleys cup would look GREAT riding down Michigan Ave. again next June.

Drink a little drink, Smoke a little smoke :wsm:

Back