This Forum is BAD!

Rob Stroud

TVWBB Member
You are all to blame...

First I get the performer, then parts to bring it back to its glory, now I'm buying cast iron skillets and seasoning it.

Who am I and what have I become??

New Lodge 12" skillet purchase with a bass pro gift card

887920A4-E5F5-45C6-8C32-50EE71645A7B.jpg

Bacon and Sprouts (My 3 and 5 year old loved them)

47E62953-04D5-4174-8FF9-C8851F193157.jpg

It's a disease and there is no cure and it's just the beginning for you. Sit back with a cold one and enjoy the ride and start making room for your new toys. If you don't want to go completely looney tunes make sure you stay off of Craigslist. Don't ask me how I know;)

It's a disease and there is no cure and it's just the beginning for you. Sit back with a cold one and enjoy the ride and start making room for your new toys. If you don't want to go completely looney tunes make sure you stay off of Craigslist. Don't ask me how I know;)

yeah I'm checking craigslist daily :(

About the CI. First,NEVER EVER use soap! A scrub brush or green scrubby thing,but no soap! Second,always dry it after washing without soap. We put ours back on the burner to dry it off. Third,use it on your Performer. They LOVE that!

About the CI. First,NEVER EVER use soap! A scrub brush or green scrubby thing,but no soap! Second,always dry it after washing without soap. We put ours back on the burner to dry it off. Third,use it on your Performer. They LOVE that!

Thanks Phil! What about oil on it after drying it?

Thanks Phil! What about oil on it after drying it?

there are a ton of videos on youtube about stripping / seasoning, and cast iron care.... the last one I saw he said to leave a very light coat of oil, pretty much wipe it all off while warm or it'll get sticky. I sometimes leave a bit on there.

http://www.youtube.com/results?search_query=cast+iron+season

I have 2 of those pans, they make good pizzas! I also have 8"s, 10"s, and a dutch oven.

I got a chain mail cast iron scrubber when I first started cooking with it but it's not needed imo..... I'd skip that if I was you:

http://www.amazon.com/s/?_encoding=...alias=aps&linkId=JDRXOO34P3B7VBS3?tag=TVWB-20

And don't worry, the strange looks you now receive while taking pictures of your food soon go away when friends and family realize the awesome food you're making! Great post!
Tim

Back