Looking for a kettle part but don't know the name of it

Mike Bondon

I'm restoring my Grandfather's old Weber kettle and discovered the part on the bottom of the kettle, on the inside with 3 arms that cover the holes, is about to break. This is the piece that you move by swinging the metal handle to control air flow through the bottom of the kettle. If anyone can decipher this and figure out what I need and tell me the correct name I would be grateful. And if you have one to sell that would be even better!

it's 14 bucks at your local ACE HARDWARE store and, if you can get there today, you'll be grilling tonight!

One of my local stores has one in stock so I will pick it up tomorrow. :) Another question for you, is there any way to bring back the black color to the grill? Mine is more grey now.

most likely, you're stuck with the gray colour... but you still own a Classic! I'd leave it the colour it wants to be and preserve the rest of her for some serious great grilled chow!
Welcome to the forum, Mike!

Patina it is. I had my eye on a yellow kettle for a couple years in a backyard but by the time I finally inquired about it, it was gone. I love the odd colors.

The replacement parts work great! Can't wait to get my new wood handles and complete the restoration. If I could only find correct wheels and info on the mysterious orange smoker.......

is there any way to bring back the black color to the grill? Mine is more grey now.

Yes there is... spray it with PAM and wipe it completely down. As it heats up, that black color will most definitely come back. It may eventually begin to fade back to grey; if that happens, give it another spray down. You can find out a whole lot more about restoration tips from the fella's over at the WeberKettleClub...

Good luck!

I have used Turtle Wax Rubbing compound on all my gasser and kettle restores, and followed it up with Turtle Wax scratch and swirl to help with the scratches. Works great for me!

Back