UPS store jumps into the 3D printing business

Sandy B

TVWBB Super Fan
Apparently they will be doing this in 100 stores and I think that they are the first national brand to get into this. There was a street/artist fair here this weekend where several people had a variety off different printers, mostly for smaller things.

Does anyone know how the pricing is done ? Is it a per hour thing or is is based on weight of the plastic used ? The story I read said that an iphone case would be about 60 bucks which seems kinda steep to me as I think that the hobbiest's will do a heatermeter case for less than that.

This is one of those things that I like the idea of, but I'm not really sure I would use but I probably should.

Even Dremel Tools has jumped on board with its own 3D printer. The more the better as prices will come down. At the IMTS show in Chicago last week
they printed and drove a car. There is also a wood media usable in the 3D printers now. You can make print a wood object, then sand and finish it.
So how about printing a 3D roadster with wood (think woody) fenders? Some of the Microsoft stores have offered an introductory class for 3D printing
and some of the items that are printed would amaze you. A workable hand for those with birth defects may be just the start.

Back