Anyone on here ride Motorcycles? Need help!!

Christopher H

TVWBB Fan
Hi everyone.

I know the chances of me being successful on this are slim to none but I want to try. I'll keep the story short but in 2008 when my dad was in the hospital and almost passed, he decided he finally wanted to get a Harley Davidson. He got one a few months after he got out and customized it to the 9s. A few years later I started riding and I got a motorcycle. He ended up upgrading and we had 3 bikes in the garage for about 2 months until fall/winter storage came around. I wanted to buy his bike from him to keep it in the family and when I finally saved enough to start making payments to him, I asked him about it and he sold it to the dealer a month prior. This was in 2012/early 2013. I found out the VIN and reached out to the dealer and the only information he could give me was the bike was imported to Canada (I'm in Michigan). He tried all 3 phone numbers he had on record for the buyer but it appears all are out of order somehow. I feel like I am at a dead end and the dealer isn't extremely helpful because "what's in it for me?" and also privacy laws prevent him from sharing contact information. All I have to go on is the bike is most likely in Canada and I have the VIN.

Does anyone know how I can locate the bike?

Here ya go:

http://www.mto.gov.on.ca/english/dandv/vehicle/getinfo.shtml

$12 for a search (says vehicle but bikes should be covered too).

Keep in mind, this is ONLY for Ontario. Have to do the same for each province (if you don't know which one it's registered in).

You're not going to get an address though (same privacy issues) only:

Contains owner's name, renewal date, vehicle description, class, status, empty weight for commercial vehicles and trailers, brand, vehicle declaration, plate details, validation sticker number, validation declaration, validation start and expiry dates, registered gross weight for commercial vehicles, permit number and date of issue.

AFAIK, only the police can get addresses through their own CPIC system. Imagine, a stalker being able to get an address just by seeing come cute chick's licence plate? Not gonna happen.

Depending on how much you want to pay (couple hundred I would guess), you could always contact a "private detective" or whatever they call themselves these days and have him get the info for you.

Last edited:
Thanks! I'll check this out! Maybe if I use the service I can contact my girlfriend's dad who is a Sergeant and see if he can call a precinct and pull some strings.

Back