Weber Fire Pit - Extra Cover?

Jorge Willard

I just picked up a Weber Fire pit off CL for $50 and it's in great shape! I've been looking for one for over two years and finally scored. However, the guy did not have the cover for it (he just would drag it back into his garage after use).

I called Weber customer service to inquire about sending me a cover for free. Gave her the code/sn as it was never registered, but she wouldn't budge on sending me a new one. In a polite manner, I let her know how happy I am with my myriad Weber products and the hundreds of dollars (shizz it is over a grand now) I have spent on their great products but she gave me the thumbs down.

When I called about getting a new cover for my performer (bought in 07) they sent me one free and asked no questions, also the same when I wanted to order new vent covers for my WSM (one was a little warped, probably my fault). But no go on the fire pit cover.

Perhaps I will pony up the $30 to get a new one or should I try calling in again to customer service and getting lucky?

Moreover, if anyone has a Weber Firepit or rather a cover for it and would like to sell it to me, let me know!

Thanks,

Jorge :)

a cover for a Weber fireplace like this one?

IMG_0334.JPG

Just to be clear here, you wanted a free cover for a $50 CL, used Weber fireplace that, as far as I know, has been discontinued?
Come on Jorge, Missouri is the Show Me State, not the Give Me State. :)

well, i'm thinking, "why cover it?"
the rack I have is certainly OLD old, yet works perfectly without a hitch or a flinch.. sure some rust but...
and it's outside in Wisconsin winters and (well, I won't mention summers cuz we ain't getting any summers in quite some time)

Jorge, i'd say scrap the cover idea and use that free dough for a free six pack of brewskis, know what I mean ;) ?

Back