Jay Is Our Quarterback

Bob H.

TVWBB Hall of Fame
The words of Bears head coach Lovey Smith. Lovey is gone, Jay is still here.
Jay is the same quarterback who could not seal the deal against the Packers to end the 13 season.
So the Bears gave Jay a LOT of money, much more than he is worth.
Jay likes to throw interceptions as evidenced in todays home season opener loss.
Jay it STILL our quarterback.
C'mon Jay, prove me wrong please! Or just retire.

That was a tough one to watch, Bob. Jay still is lazy with his mechanics and still throws too many balls off his back foot. It's frustrating because the offense can sometimes be so good. And the defense with all the new players doesn't look that much better than last year. My high hopes for the season came crashing down on me.

Yep, ol' Tony isn't having a great day.

I'm have dreading and half looking forward to watching Eli later.

I thought it was "Rex is our Quarterback"?. Doesn't matter anyway, we are stuck with him for the next three years. Maybe by then they will fix the defense.

Tim

Rex was our quarterback first, then Jay. Right about now Rex........ no I just can't say it!
Ok,Rex did take us to SB in 06 with 20 intercepted passes, looked like an amateur, but at least
we went. Jay will only go if somebody buys him a ticket.

Last edited:
It's ok....Lovie is now in Tampa and Josh McCown is our Quarterback.

Well good for Josh because he got paid, but he was a product of a system last year and he did pretty dang good.
Lovie has no clue on how to run an offense. Well in all fairness he just wants a mediocre O that keeps the game close. No turnovers and let his defense win the game with turnovers.

Tim

It's going to be another tough year! Not as tough as some(Tampa, Dallas,Cleveland) but just the same! This week was the easy week for the Bears! Next San Francisco is going to be ugly! Romo is damaged goods, Jerry should have traded up before he ruined him! But that's Jerrys lack of Football knowledge and expertise in attention again shining through! A couple of easy games for the "Boys" coming, so all you "Boys" fans can make your hotel reservations for the Superbowl now. After these next 2 it isn't going to be pretty! I got money Romo, doesn't make it the full season!

think there's a burger joint in Burlington that serves up free ¼ pounders when Tony is in State.... but the former America's Team doesn't play America's Team this year...
so, No Burgers For You!

ff171412-1253-5ba3-b042-17c9a7d91411.image.jpg

As a senior at Burlington High (Wisconsin) following the 1997-98 season,
Romo earned third-team AP All-State honors after averaging 24.3 points and 8.8 rebounds.

My fav quarterback was McMahon. It had nothing to do with his on the field expertice. A while back, I was on temporary duty in Hawaii. It was during the Pro Bowl. McMahon brought ten injured soldiers and their families to Hawaii all expences paid. I saw them at a Luau at the Mil R&R spot. They were having the times of their lives! Class act. Now I understand he has dementia.

Can't say the same about John Fox. He's a jerk. He coached that year and was two tables over at a restaurant complaining about his own family wanting to come.

Last edited:
think there's a burger joint in Burlington that serves up free ¼ pounders when Tony is in State.... but the former America's Team doesn't play America's Team this year...
so, No Burgers For You!

ff171412-1253-5ba3-b042-17c9a7d91411.image.jpg

As a senior at Burlington High (Wisconsin) following the 1997-98 season,
Romo earned third-team AP All-State honors after averaging 24.3 points and 8.8 rebounds.

I would rather have your burgers anyway Jim!

My fav quarterback was McMahon. It had nothing to do with his on the field expertice. A while back, I was on temporary duty in Hawaii. It was during the Pro Bowl. McMahon brought ten injured soldiers and their families to Hawaii all expences paid. I saw them at a Luau at the Mil R&R spot. They were having the times of their lives! Class act. Now I understand he has dementia.

Can't say the same about John Fox. He's a jerk. He coached that year and was two tables over at a restaurant complaining about his own family wanting to come.

Having rode on many charter flights for sports teams, I can tell you story's that would make your skin crawl! Especially Mr. McMahon, ask many Natives and they can tell you all about him! But I can tell you when the "Lime Light" is off many act differently. And many do some very good charity work as well. I personally drove Mr. Jordan to my office out of site from media so he could meet a sick boy and his parents. Spent the better part of a half hour just the 4 of them. A few weeks latter the boy passed away, the funeral was completely paid for, anonymously. I knew who took care of that.

Having rode on many charter flights for sports teams, I can tell you story's that would make your skin crawl! Especially Mr. McMahon, ask many Natives and they can tell you all about him! But I can tell you when the "Lime Light" is off many act differently. And many do some very good charity work as well. I personally drove Mr. Jordan to my office out of site from media so he could meet a sick boy and his parents. Spent the better part of a half hour just the 4 of them. A few weeks latter the boy passed away, the funeral was completely paid for, anonymously. I knew who took care of that.
Yeah McMahon was a weird dude for sure in some regards. Good on MJ for doing that. I can say the only thing he does for his hometown here (Wilmington) is buy tennis shoes each year for Laney High School basketball team where he played high school ball. I think he still does.

Last edited:
Thank you Jay Cutler! The Bears got roughed up but did not quit tonight. Jay had a very rocky start, but man what a comeback! Bears first win in SF since 1985! What a great game. :)

Thank you Jay Cutler! The Bears got roughed up but did not quit tonight. Jay had a very rocky start, but man what a comeback! Bears first win in SF since 1985! What a great game. :)
C'mon Bob, you're not acting like a real Bears fan. Real Bears fans know that when the Bears win Cutler had nothing to do with it, and when they lose it's all his fault.

At least that's the impression I get from Chicago radio.;)

Back