Home Depot & Kingsford

I was asked "how much charcoal do you need?" So it got me thinking. Just curious how many pounds / bags other guys keep on hand.

I was asked "how much charcoal do you need?" So it got me thinking. Just curious how many pounds / bags other guys keep on hand.
1,680 pounds Josh. About 80 bags or so.
Should last through the winter and into spring to the next Memorial Day Sales...

it ain't gonna go bad 'less you let it get wet.

1,680 pounds Josh. About 80 bags or so.
Should last through the winter and into spring to the next Memorial Day Sales...

it ain't gonna go bad 'less you let it get wet.

Holy cr@p Jim 80 bags! That's awesome. Josh I would guess it depends on how many you are cooking for and how close you are to a store. It's just me and my wife and the Lowes is 2 minutes from my house - right now I have 8 bags. But when it's 50% off I stock up - I'll probably get 4 more bags today. I also think it's like a cereal bowl - you fill up the space you have. Another 4 bags is probably all I can squeeze into my space allocated to coal in the garage. If I had a shed or bigger storage space I would probably get more due to the sale.

I currently have approx 1000 lbs but I might get a little more. I bbq more in the winter than summer and I'd hate to run out.

Back