New 22.5 red kettle

Wow, that is a nice kettle! Anyone know how often Weber does limited edition kettles? And is it always a beer brand? Does weber do nfl kettles?

Wow, that is a nice kettle! Anyone know how often Weber does limited edition kettles? And is it always a beer brand? Does weber do nfl kettles?

When I was there, it as pretty rare. they had the Simpson's one and that was about it. I have some wood handles from an old Marlboro promotion.

The beer brands must be something new or maybe there is a tie-in where the company (outside of Weber) gets the logos done.

They reason they didn't expand much on colors is because of heat discoloration and that certain enamels couldn't be made in certain colors -they give off toxins. The newer brick red of a Genesis was what it was.. It couldn't be brighter.

I had suggested the Q line in NFL and college team colors, etc. It fell on deaf ears as soon as licensing something came into question.

Very nice, but too expensive for me. I'd be tempted to buy if it were half-price, as I'm in Eagan on business. But current price, plus shipping airfare puts it out my budget.

When I was there, it as pretty rare. they had the Simpson's one and that was about it. I have some wood handles from an old Marlboro promotion.

The beer brands must be something new or maybe there is a tie-in where the company (outside of Weber) gets the logos done.

They reason they didn't expand much on colors is because of heat discoloration and that certain enamels couldn't be made in certain colors -they give off toxins. The newer brick red of a Genesis was what it was.. It couldn't be brighter.

I had suggested the Q line in NFL and college team colors, etc. It fell on deaf ears as soon as licensing something came into question.

Thanks Mike!

I was a mechanical engineer in Weber R&D from May of 2006 to November 2008. I redesigned the 18 WSM, designed the 22 WSM (and did a few 14s too). Updated and reintroduced the 26 kettle, invented the LED Tank Scale on the Summit, a light clamp that holds the light vertically or horizontally, a few handle heat shields of the butterfly style. Designed the 22 Platinum as it was called.. I disliked that one a lot.

I played around with a lot of charcoal holders, some baskets, accessories and things like that. A few ideas were kicked around such as an 18 and 26 Performer cart style grill, updates to the performer (later introduced). A few WSMs with ash catchers, electric, gas.. All kinds of weird ideas. Some were good and never pursued at the time, like keeping the legs attached to the kettle. At the time a lot of stuff was met with micromanagement or confused blank stares. I guess you can be too passionate about your work.

I did a Q&A forum here: http://tvwbb.com/forumdisplay.php?101-Q-amp-A-with-Mike-Durso

Back