Peanut Butter Fudge

Ken_K

TVWBB Super Fan
Clark requested in the Christmas baking thread that I post my recipe for peanut butter fudge So here it is: ( now this makes a lot of fudge for one batch and it usually comes out soft and creamy and not brittle -- of course with candy making you are always at the mercy of the elements as well, but this recipe is pretty bullet-proof because of its use of marhmallow cream. Also you may need to play with your burner temp a bit, this much sugar takes a long time to come to a boil on medium heat, but don't go to high or it will burn on the bottom of the pan)

Ingredients
4 cups white sugar
1 cup light brown sugar
1/2 cup butter
1 (12 fluid ounce) can evaporated milk
1 (7 ounce) jar marshmallow creme
1 (16 ounce) jar peanut butter
1 teaspoon vanilla extract

Directions
Grease a 9x13 inch baking dish.
In a medium saucepan over medium heat, combine sugar, brown sugar, butter and evaporated milk. Bring to a boil, stirring constantly, cook until a candy thermo reads softball stage (about 234 degrees F). Remove from heat; stir in marshmallow creme until well incorporated and melted. Stir in peanut butter and vanilla until smooth; spread in prepared pan. Let cool before cutting into squares.

Ken, just wondering on the brand of peanut butter you use? I eat nothing but Smuckers Natural Peanut Butter, wondering if that one would work in this recipe?

Hey Bryan, sorry for the late reply, I haven't been on here in a while. I usually use the Korger store brand PB in this just because I can usually get the 18oz jars on sale for 10 for $10, using the natural PC should be just fine, let me know how it turns out.

Another recipe... from my Mom

Peanut Butter Fudge
-------------------------------------------------------

Recipe By: Joyce Cutchen

Ingredients:

1 2/3 cups sugar
2/3 cups milk
1 tablespoon butter
1 pound peanut butter, (1 3/4 cups)

Directions:

Lightly butter an 8x8 pan

Cook sugar and milk until soft ball. Better to err on the less than soft ball side. Cook too long and the fudge will get crumbly.
Add butter and peanut butter and quickly turn out into pan.

Back